engine warning light..

it was 26C today and whilst sitting in a traffic jam I got the engine warning light flashing but the STOP light was NOT flashing was this because the engine was just very warm?

it maybe lambda sensor in the exhaust, i take it it flashed and went off? i fink its the hot weather and driving like a granny. mine did it once briefly, never seen it again, if it comes up permament or quiet alot get it looked at. i would very much doubt it thou.

i fink when it flashes, it means it seeing something ie a problem, if it stops seeing the problem after a certain amount of time it will go off, it it carries on seeing it it will stop flashing and stop on permament. like i siad its nout to worry about, you prob woh see it again or for a while atleast

Sound like the emissions light, nothing to worry about if it goes out again. It can sometimes be caused by silly things like a bad bit of fuel

The orange engine symbol light will flash when a fault is present and will stay on when it's logged that fault, making it a reoccuring fault.

The only time this appears to differ is with a 'cat converter below threshold' fault ( emission failure ).

Although this rule of thumb is for mk2 clios, I can't confirm if the later mk3 is different.

I've had this too!!!

Engine light flashed maybe 5 times so I slowed down and stopped for a moment. It's not been back since and the car feels fine. I'm not worried, if it was major it would have stayed on. It might be worht noting it was about 31c at the time and I was doing 30MPH in 6th... Grannystylee...

i had this happen today

flashed 5 times then went out

car has been running brilliantly though. today it feels better then it ever has done!

its been pretty hot today and i also tried tesco 99 petrol for the first time so maybe something like that caused it. not too concerned about it.

i think its right what has been said

it always seems to be in traffic on hot days

i was stuck behind a car crawling along and it came on but went out after a few flashes. like i said the car was running perfectly though

wonder if it to do with the engine drawing in hot air and not being able to compensate with the fuel mixture quick enough or something?