Ellis's UR 197 progress. H&R update.

Been on the forum for around 8 months but have never got round to making a progress thread so here it goes....

Picked her up in July from renuallt themselves, she had 42k on with FRSH, also included in price was a cambelt change due up in october so was pretty happy with what i bought!

The day i picked her up had to get some pics after alot of driving, just would have been rude not to..

264148_10150242169873431_502183430_7268506_6506377_n1.jpg
267729_10150242171273431_502183430_7268512_3276683_n1.jpg

She stayed like that for a while as i wanted to keep her standard and mint more than going wild, as i had done that on previous cars. However as time went on i found things that i just disliked on the car that i had to change, first up was a set of silvervisions just to tidy the headlights up a little. Also i removed the CLIO badge of the boot, i hated it with a passion and thought it made it look so tacky. Now the first real mod was i had to get some exhasut tips from a member on here. I think it finishes of the diffuser without having to get a full system, i know there very much 50/50 in peoples opinions. So after them small mods she was due for a good clean!...

SAM_0819.jpg
SAM_0825.jpg
SAM_0823.jpg
SAM_0827.jpg
SAM_0818.jpg
SAM_0829.jpg

Now she stayed like that all over winter but now i must admit im starting to get the "moding bug". So next up was a set of projectors orderd of Karl
These came so was straight on the phone to my mate order me a set of HID's for them.
So here we are and thats how she stands for now. Hopefully il have my HId's this week so can get my projectors fitted at the weekend. Oh and also got a ITG filter on the way.

Last edited:
Arguebly the best colour for a 197... Nice effort.

Me personally don't mind the tailpipes, if you got twin exhausts shout about it!

Looks absolutely spot on for a five year old car, and as above, If you've got it flaunt it :rofl:

It has to start somewhere I look forward to the rest of the mods you do

Wow - that's ace for its age!

Red Clios are amazing. I wish mine was red. :worried:

Nice car!

Bit of a update..... Recived my ITG so will be fitting that at some point today. Did plan on doing it yesterday but the brother in law distracted me with his project so i went and gave him a hand on that, his is slitghtly better id say lol....
IMG-20120301-00044.jpg
IMG-20120301-00045.jpg
IMG-20120301-00046.jpg
IMG-20120301-00047.jpg

Its a 26 year old 2.0l mk2 capri laser, now to me it wasnt al that whe i saw pictures but in the flesh its a uber cool car! Way before my generation but the amount of people that stopped him to ask about it was stupid! We spent the day machine polishing it and generally gettin the paint back to its former glory. It was in a pretty bad state and hadnt really been cared for but we seemed to do a decent job. He has got lots of plans for it to bring it back to mint condition which is good to see.

Hoping that my HID's will be arriving some time soon so can get these projectors fitted. If not here by weekend then i want to take the wheels of clean arches and paint the calipers as i got some Brembo decals of a member of here! Then its a case of saving for some H&R springs for the next job :thumbup1:

look good them capri's me bro had a red 2.8i back in the day,sounded mint when booted.your motor will look spot on with H&R's.

Ha I do love them chessy posers there! Yer am hoping will look on them then try get some cup shocks! Fitted the ITG before! Think its a little bit more of a grunt to the note but not just sure if that's the `placebo' effect!

# small update #

Bought a 197 diffuser of a greeni! Bit of a impulse buy as it was cheap and round the corner so thought why not! Half way through sprayin it gloss black which will hopefully look decent when its fitted!

*UPDATE*

Fitted the diffuser yesterday as it was so nice. Really looks good on the red! And for the price i payed for the diffuser and spraying it alot cheaper then buying a 200 one!
Pics of the during...
IMG-20120401-00071.jpg

And the old one next to the new one...
IMG-20120401-00070.jpg

Pics of it on the car...
Wirral-20120401-00076.jpg

Also whilst it was nice used the time to paint my calipers, went for red with white decals came up really well...
Before
IMG-20120401-00073.jpg
After
IMG-20120401-00074.jpg
Behind the wheel..
IMG-20120401-00075.jpg

Thats as far as iv got now. Just waiting for my hids still to come so can get these bloody projectors on :@. Then its either a wheel refurb but undecided what colour or some H&R springs. Thanks for looking!