Ebay 'scam' ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
I sold a motorbike on ebay - exactly one year ago this Friday.

And have just received an 'offer' on it for a swap ! I THOUGHT sold items were only available to view for 90 days.

So am wondering how on earth someone even found my advert ??? If i copy and paste my title and search sold or completed items i get nothing ! Yet if like on here; you click the link - it works.......???

Potential purchaser doesn't type, or i'm guessing speak great English.

Just wondering if there's some fun to be had here somewhere.........

header_ebay_logo_132x46.gif
ezdjDU78WxgllQYHOxbtzZYcbCWuB6YCN22QSsZZU-ychx6FkteaL2DhrSq3OmkiStMGmeAYJDEuRuukQIZrFxR_OIIRaeuMNgh285zJaEHvuEafnD2Q8IG4uCWIwMIaKE1mAjxYWycckS55PXC_kSVbvl9HoboFlKLkQw9OlUDWd9Q=s0-d-e1-ft

New message from: lukastdm (93iconBlueStar_25x25.gif)
Hello. Would you be intrested to swap for my bike.
https: www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-954-fireblade-a-lot-off-extras-swap/14899254

I am looking for some enduro like this so I tought you maybe intrested
I could come and deliverd
Thank you
Lucas

SUZUKI DRZ 400 SM K7 - Yellow 2008 ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE: 4802 miles BEST IN UK !

391396071962_1.jpg
Current bid: £3,595.00
Auction ends 17 Mar, 2016 11:50 GMT
Bids: 3
Postage: Pickup only

I can view the link for your bike, so maybe old adverts aren't removed if you manage to search for them through google instead of eBay? And then maybe this person didn't realise it was an old advert and went ahead and messaged you.

I can view the link for your bike, so maybe old adverts aren't removed if you manage to search for them through google instead of eBay? And then maybe this person didn't realise it was an old advert and went ahead and messaged you.

As i said Dale - i can click the link too.

But if i copy and paste the exact title and search in both completed and sold items on ebay i get zilch !

And if i search by bike in completed items it only shows bikes going back to December 18th 2016. ie: 90 days only.

Weird at the very least.........

Don't worry about it Shuv, all he needs is your bank details and full name and address, and he will pay a healthy security deposit to make sure it's his :wink:

I thought about asking for £100 deposit to secure the swap - tell i've moved and give him your address Jimmy ?

Reactions: Jimmy
As i said Dale - i can click the link too.

But if i copy and paste the exact title and search in both completed and sold items on ebay i get zilch !

And if i search by bike in completed items it only shows bikes going back to December 18th 2016. ie: 90 days only.

Weird at the very least.........

If you search google though it comes up as a result.

Look, top link :tongueout:

Reactions: sevenfourate
I have often googled for rare car parts (106 Maxi etc) and it will bring up old Ebay adds
from long ago.

His add on Donedeal looks honest enough and in one pic you can see his work van
with his name and number on it.

Reactions: sevenfourate