Ebay exhaust

dulevo666

Paid Member
Hi guys
iv'e got a bit of a blow on the exhaust
been under the car this morning & it's been patched up in a few places & the center box is missing
replaced with a pipe which is blowing at both ends
seen this on e bay looks ok for the price
question is it say's cat back but looks to me as decat as it has the lambda hole
anyone got any info on this ie noise, passing mot , require remap etc
thanks chris
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS...pe:197&hash=item58f2efce19:g:TCkAAOSw4CFY5km3

Hi guys
iv'e got a bit of a blow on the exhaust
been under the car this morning & it's been patched up in a few places & the center box is missing
replaced with a pipe which is blowing at both ends
seen this on e bay looks ok for the price
question is it say's cat back but looks to me as decat as it has the lambda hole
anyone got any info on this ie noise, passing mot , require remap etc
thanks chris
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-FOR-RENAULT-CLIO-III-MK3-RS-SPORT-197-200-2-0L-/382032924185?fits=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:197&hash=item58f2efce19:g:TCkAAOSw4CFY5km3
You could get a second hand miltek for that money

Right is this the same make as the one i posted before
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIRENZA-RENAULT-CLIO-197-2-0-16V-SPORT-STAINLESS-STEEL-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM/161370663509?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=43781&meid=9788fa7caf40446194bf7da8986db546&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=120574129549

This one is Direnza the other was Toyosport (never heard of them) but look the same to me
anyone got any reviews ?
for £300 may go for one

Dont do it. Really. IMO.

Wait until you need to and get a Scorpion, Milltek or Cobra etc

Or wait for something of a known 'quality'; second-hand.

Good luck !

Reactions: dulevo666
On a 'normal' (i.e. non-heavily-tuned car) I don't see why not. People said the Toyosports manifolds were rubbish, but plenty of people, myself included, had no problem with them. Worth a punt for the money I think.

Or maybe wait until the next bank holiday as I know Demon Tweeks had some pretty good discounts on systems last year.
I think either RenaultSportClub.co.uk or cliosport.net have ongoing discounts with Scorpion and that would be your best bet for a non-resonated system.

Thanks guy's
i have searched the internet looking for reviews for the clio but can't find any
found some from other marques with mixed reports including some from miltek,scorpion (crap welds,poor fit etc)
not going for cobra as i had one on an impreza which lost bhp replaced with a blitz nur spec r
going to give it a couple of weeks to see if anything turns up if not going to bite the bullet & buy the direnza or toyosport

Quite a few of us on here have the Milltek/Scorpion on our Clios, and apart from some small fitment niggles, I think it's fair to say we're all pretty pleased with them.

On a 'normal' (i.e. non-heavily-tuned car) I don't see why not. People said the Toyosports manifolds were rubbish, but plenty of people, myself included, had no problem with them. Worth a punt for the money I think.

I'm thinking along these lines too, just needs someone to take a punt first so it's no longer an unknown...

Thanks guy's
i have searched the internet looking for reviews for the clio but can't find any
found some from other marques with mixed reports including some from miltek,scorpion (crap welds,poor fit etc)
not going for cobra as i had one on an impreza which lost bhp replaced with a blitz nur spec r
going to give it a couple of weeks to see if anything turns up if not going to bite the bullet & buy the direnza or toyosport

Bite the bullet and buy a scorpion exhaust or something and then get a Toyosport manifold. I remember there being someone who put a Direnza manifold on their car and lost almost 20bhp lol god knows what a full system would do.

Bite the bullet and buy a scorpion exhaust or something and then get a Toyosport manifold. I remember there being someone who put a Direnza manifold on their car and lost almost 20bhp lol god knows what a full system would do.
I'm sure I read the Direnza and Toyosport manifolds are practically the same???

Price has been reduced to £269 or best offer. Has to be worth a punt at that price.