200: Easy question! Pedal pad removal/tightening

RossWoods93

Cuckmeister General
Platinum Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know what is needed to tighten the pads on the pedals on a Mk3?

Seems like extra vibrations through my accelerator pedal have caused it to loosen off a bit, and could do with tightening! (makes a vibrating buzzing sound when lifting at high revs with your foot off the pedal)

Thanks!

MK3 Clio the accelerator pedal is not connected to anything mechanically to transfer vibration so most likely the bolts that mount it check them the plates on the pedals are riveted so you will have to drill out the rivets and re attach them again if stationary high revs is causing it else high revs = high speed and therefore something else inside the front arch causing it maybe the upper torque mount plate that holds the rubber in is loose it will sound as its coming from behind the speedo.

Reactions: RossWoods93
Thanks Turkie, I’ve noticed it the last few drives but hadn’t taken a proper look at the pedals!

Just resting the foot on the accelerator stops the noise! It’s certainly not a stationary issue, when coming off at high revs (5k down to 4k you can notice the sound of the vibration (if the foots off the accelerator)! I’ve just changed all the mounts last month, hence the extra vibration through the accelerator, so they should be good!

I’ll check the mount bolts, not a big issue, just feels like something needs tightening up slightly!

Note it’s a powerflex torque mount, the pedal vibrates well at high revs + high speed but didn’t deem it to be a problem, just one of them gripes!

MK3 Clio the accelerator pedal is not connected to anything mechanically to transfer vibration so most likely the bolts that mount it check them

Quick tighten up, and it seems to have taken the annoying buzz vibration sound out when the revs drop!

Thanks Turkie!

Reactions: Big Ben
OK good to hear just one of those things I knew something like that just doesn't happen by itself I guess the price of fitting Powerflex bushes.

They were a bit awkward to get to but managed to just nip them up!

I have the powerflex torque arm, and then the KTEC engine, gearbox, lower stabiliser mounts, so vibrations are a given! I don’t mind it, but it’s certainly highlighted a few loose rattles here and there!

MK3 Clio the accelerator pedal is not connected to anything mechanically to transfer vibration so most likely the bolts that mount it check them the plates on the pedals are riveted so you will have to drill out the rivets and re attach them again if stationary high revs is causing it else high revs = high speed and therefore something else inside the front arch causing it maybe the upper torque mount plate that holds the rubber in is loose it will sound as its coming from behind the speedo.
this..:thumb:

Reactions: RossWoods93