Earthing points.

RSPez

Paid Member
Hi.

I hope this is in the right section.
Iv put it here as its to do with the engine bay.

Where are the Clio's and how many earthing points dose it have in the engine bay?

Pez

Why do you ask? Should be able to follow the cable around the engine bay, they'll all be linked together!

Reactions: RSPez
Why do you ask? Should be able to follow the cable around the engine bay, they'll all be linked together!

I want to check out my earth points. I have a few issues.
Engine light is on with a code of

DF554 Bi-mode air inlet solenoid valve, short circuit to earth.

And my reversing lights are not working, my rear wiper is not working when I go in to reverse.
Iv checked the fuse and changed the Reversing light switch.

I no cars can be funny buggers if earths are not working correctly so it's worth a try.
The code reader used was a Autel which my brother in law uses at work.

Pez

I want to check out my earth points. I have a few issues.
Engine light is on with a code of

DF554 Bi-mode air inlet solenoid valve, short circuit to earth.

And my reversing lights are not working, my rear wiper is not working when I go in to reverse.
Iv checked the fuse and changed the Reversing light switch.

I no cars can be funny buggers if earths are not working correctly so it's worth a try.
The code reader used was a Autel which my brother in law uses at work.

Pez

Sounds to me like the solenoid has failed and is shorting to earth internally. I mean, it must be connected to earth for it to recognise the issue. Will have most likely blown a fuse also as without a resistive load, far too much current will have flown through the circuit. I have problems at work with central heating/hot water solenoids shorting out internally quite often. I'd look into getting it replaced.

I doubt the reversing lights are related, probably a conicidental, separate issue. Not sure what though

Sounds to me like the solenoid has failed and is shorting to earth internally. I mean, it must be connected to earth for it to recognise the issue. Will have most likely blown a fuse also as without a resistive load, far too much current will have flown through the circuit. I have problems at work with central heating/hot water solenoids shorting out internally quite often. I'd look into getting it replaced.

I doubt the reversing lights are related, probably a conicidental, separate issue. Not sure what though

Thanks.
I will look in to it.

Pez