Dumdums RS200 cup

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Dumdum, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Can’t go wrong with AD08R’s

Beany, Pav and Dumdum like this.

2. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Contemplating some slightly lower springs to just stiffen it up a touch for track days without going silly...

3. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    @Big Ben Ben was happy with his set up...:thumb:

4. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    @Big Ben care to save me some time reading 120+ pages

Beany likes this.
  5. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Car:
    RB 200 cup
    To hijack Ben had the grams lowering springs on cup suspension, I’ve also seen people using cooksport springs which they recommend too.

Pav likes this.
  6. Big Ben

Car:
    Grams springs. Lowered 30mm all round. Came off the car yesterday and will be for sale very shortly:wink:
    197 or early 200

Pav likes this.
  7. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    How much and how old are they Ben? And where are you based?

8. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Well yokos have been fitted, managed to mark three of the four alloys with something, luckily the powder coat is thick so a bit of a polish and whatever it was disappeared or dissolved... shoulda gone to my old place, mail ordered the tyres and fitted em myself, seems hi-q don’t know what the red and yellow dots mean either

Old adage springs to mind, want a job done right... do it yourself! cost me 43 quid for fitting over buying with delivery... and 1.5hr cleaning wheels that I shouldn’t have needed to do!

Big Ben likes this.
  9. Big Ben

Car:
    Had time for a test run yet:wink:

10. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Not as yet, the quick nip up the A38 with 50mph average speed cameras doesn’t allow for enthusiastic driving will give em some death tomorrow on the way to work and have a fettle on the two poster of the joints I have a very slight knock, I know there’s play in both of the rack ends so I’m gonna do both of them and see what’s noisy then

11. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    you will be happy with them..the weather is spot on so they will get warm quickly..that's when they shine...

12. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Well Ive thrashed them inadvertently when I came across my mate in his RS4, rapid beast, left me for dead... until we came to an island and I soon caught up and nipped round the outside of him and then I took them round a National speedlimit island at the national speed limit, easy to provoke oversteer on the limit in a very balanced manner, I went round the island at 60 and felt safe

Also not noisy at all! Then I nipped home from a new birds house and had a play down the back lanes (not a euphemism!) for fun, the car just inspires fun and pushing speed, tyres are the icing on the cake :hearteyes:

tombate911, Beany, Micah and 2 others like this.
  13. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Moderator

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Naughty boy - on both accounts!

Pav and Dumdum like this.
  14. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Ordered DS2500 pads for the fronts, (and will get HC discs once these are cooked/thinned/cracked) will use Ferodo premiers for the rear I think and see what the balance is like, got some pink pins for the front calipers and will nip to Halfords for some tool box red touch up which is meant to be a good match for Brembo red Also ordered two track rods as there’s some play in both sides (more left than right as per usual), very common failure on Meganes at my old French car place and we saw loads of 225’s in for various things

15. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    What tyre pressures did you run in the AD08R’s? Tyre place set em to 36 all round, I’ve dropped em all to 32 but think the front needs a touch more...

Think I’ll run 35f 32r and see, but a base setting that’s good is always welcome

On a brighter note, Ferodo FCP1667H DS2500 have arrived! Only ordered them yesterday afternoon too, came at 10am

Got 2 rack ends coming aswell

16. Big Ben

Car:
    32front 30rear

As they get hotter obviously need rechecking.

35 all round is ridiculous!

Dumdum likes this.
  17. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Yeah, I’ve not even undone the wheel nuts and torqued em up right but after checking the pressures it’s on the list of stuff to do for certain!

18. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP
    Having had a chance now I’ve put more acceptable tyre pressures (32f+r) in I’m definately loving the yokes, even in corners where you suddenly come across a tighter effort than you expect you just plant the throttle and turn in more and around you go! Defo do the cup chassis justice! Tbh I don’t know if I’d want any stiffer for the road as it can get a bit skippy over rough corners, for a track defo a bit stiffer would benefit, but as a 90% fast road/10% track car the Clio just sticks and does exactly what i want from a fast road car!

Pav likes this.
  19. Big Ben

Car:
    If you know the tyres are going to get hot take another 2psi out all round and see what you think.
    Yokos will still keep gripping and will be little bit more compliant on rough roads. :thumb::thumb:

20. trackspec197

trackspec197 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197 BMW 320 M Sport
    I run at 30psi hot

Dumdum likes this.