Door Handle Button...

Hi Guys,

Recently bought a '56' 197, and I've discovered what appears to be an intermittent fault on the door handle button to lock the car, To be fair, it hasn't worked since Saturday (when I bought the car) but this wasn't so much of a problem as I have the remote,

Is this a common fault? the car locked twice this morning on the button, but then at lunch time it wouldn't lock (works fine on the remote)

Its bugging me now that is 'has' worked, I'd like it to work all the time now,

Common fault I replaced one door handle with a brand new as the paint had given up as well as the button. I'm working on a fix on the other side as that has now given up as well. When I finish the how to I'll stick it up.

How much did you pay mate from dealer? or did you buy a used working one?

Fairly common I'd say, I've been experiencing the same thing recently. One minute it's fine, the next it doesn't want to know! Doesn't bother me massively as there's still the passenger and boot button I can use. Until they stop working too.......:grin:

Mine has been super temperamental recently. Currently in a state of not working on the drivers side which is annoying as I have to go to the back of the car to lock it everytime...

Why not pay the £5 to become a paid member there is a section the How To section to remove the handle the button is sealed in like a gel so the contacts cant really be cleaned up, the Renault Clip can give live feedback if the button is pushed but it can also be the proximity sensor but that can be checked by unlocking if it unlocks then the proximity sensor is fine but replacing the handle replaces everything anyway.

Contacts don't really get dirty, it just wears out. It's the sort of domed spring steel contact switch which I'll be replacing with a different type.

@suj I paid around £50 for the handle brand new in packaging off eBay. I've got to pop down to the Renault dealer about the corrosion on my boot lid so I'll ask them when I'm down there.

Reactions: suj
Contacts don't really get dirty, it just wears out. It's the sort of domed spring steel contact switch which I'll be replacing with a different type.

@suj I paid around £50 for the handle brand new in packaging off eBay. I've got to pop down to the Renault dealer about the corrosion on my boot lid so I'll ask them when I'm down there.

Thanks mate, that's not that bad really!

If you have some basic soldering skills, you can buy genuine microswitches alone, part no: 7711138560
These are for the Megane, but are identical to Clio ones and cost like £2 for 2.

Wysłane z mojego Mi-4c przy użyciu Tapatalka