"Don't buy a Renault" They told me.....

Just thinking about my problems this time last year.

It was after i got the managers email address (from stratstones customer services) and a few emails were exchanged that things started moving forward and i got the result i wanted.

Start the email process, you'll have proof then. :foxspeed:

Just to update the thread.

I went there Saturday morning, after a long chat with the manager (and a long think) I decided to keep the car.

Now it sounds like I'm nuts and I've done a massive u-turn. But the car went back in for another checkover and repair and the car is now as it should be, and I've managed to get an extended manufacturer warranty for 2 years that I can take to any renault garage so I simply won't use that garage if anything further goes wrong.

I know I might well have made a mistake but I just wanted everything to come to an end, and after having a weekend full of driving it I've fallen back in love with the car. The steering felt spot on and the gear changes were as smooth as butter.

I looked at things from a different angle, I've got a low mileage car with a new gearbox, new tyres and a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

I just want to forget all the crap I've had with the car, and the next step is for me to post some pictures of the car :smile:

Last edited:
New year, fresh start.

Best of luck with it and hopefully there'll be no more problems. :smile:

Phew!! Sounds like a good result with the 2 year warranty, especially since you can now take it anywhere. I'm glad it's now resolved, even I was getting stressed out reading this!!! LOL

I hope they sorted my steering this weekend. I long to fall back in love with mine and am getting fed up of being told "its fine"

Phew!! Sounds like a good result with the 2 year warranty, especially since you can now take it anywhere. I'm glad it's now resolved, even I was getting stressed out reading this!!! LOL

Yeah I defo feel less stressed now.

I hope they sorted my steering this weekend. I long to fall back in love with mine and am getting fed up of being told "its fine"

What was wrong with your steering? Was it knocking like mine? It was annoying when I kept being told it was normal lol.

To me it's not normal if it wasn't doing it at the start...

Hope you get it sorted, it's not nice to drive when the car makes weird noises or doesn't feel right.

Good result imo

Hopefully it's will be smooth and happy driving from now on.

Good result imo

Hopefully it's will be smooth and happy driving from now on.

Yeah I think so too.

The warranty gives me that extra peace of mind, as does being able to take it to any Renault.

Plus I get a car that I know what's been done to it, and it has all the spec I wanted. Recaros, black speedlines, cup pack suspension etc

Would have liked the rs monitor too but not overly important. I think if I had bought new I would have specced it though.

Now it sounds like I'm nuts and I've done a massive u-turn.

I know I might well have made a mistake

Not really.

I looked at things from a different angle, I've got a low mileage car with a new gearbox, new tyres and a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

^Not when put like that, now you've driven it and all seems well your off to a better start, i was happy with mine once the dealer got his act together.

Now enjoy it, i've had mine a year this weekend and i've loved it, just flown through it's mot, loosening up nicely and i'm looking forward to my second year with it.

What was wrong with your steering? Was it knocking like mine? It was annoying when I kept being told it was normal lol.

To me it's not normal if it wasn't doing it at the start...

Hope you get it sorted, it's not nice to drive when the car makes weird noises or doesn't feel right.

Been knocking ever since a gearbox change. Steering also feels heavier than i ever remembered and vague as opposed to pinpoint precision...however, they seem to know best not me.

Mechanic agreeed on the knocking but nothing else. Receive car back, nothing done. Complained to RUK and she has been told by the mechanic that he felt nothing wrong atall:jumpon:

Going round in circles