Doing my CBT. Any tips?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Barney626, May 14, 2018.

1. Benno

Benno Gold Member

Car:
    UR 197
    I can confirm it does. :chris2:

2. jamesgw200

jamesgw200 Paid Member

Car:
    Megane 275 Trophy
    snetterton next wednesday! first of the year for her.

3. CallorFold

CallorFold Platinum Member

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Weird timing - I've just completed my CBT on Sunday. Got a little Honda CBF125 that I'm sharing with the Mrs. It's good fun but even after just a few days it doesn't feel particularly quick. 0-30 isn't too bad, it'll nip away from traffic lights but being 6ft2 and the weight that goes with it anything north of 40 takes a while. It's good for learning the ropes on though and I fully intend to complete the full licence when funds allow - having driven a 125 for a few months+ by that point, it should be relatively straight forward I would think.

Jimmy likes this.
  4. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Car:
    R27 #243
    Nice one James, nothing like a bit of motivation/kick up the backside :smile:

Well I've booked in a pre-CBT lesson for a couple of weeks time. I have never ridden a motorbike before, apart from a little twist and go motocross thing when I was about 12, so I am a total novice. The school near me does an hour session and then I'll do the CBT. I was tempted by the DAS, but I'm going to start off with a 125 and see whether the bug bites.... I have a feeling it will!

CallorFold likes this.
  5. link

link Gold Member

Car:
    Clio 197 RB
    I learnt on an old ER5 and went straight to a R6, dont be too worried about big bikes they're only as fast as you ride it... *cough* 160mph :relaxed:

Plenty of decent mid-weight bikes for A2...

julia-lapalme-yamaha-yzf-r3-4x3.jpg

IMG_1730_web.jpg

3256-q3.jpg

jamesgw200 and Jimmy like this.
  6. Barney626

Barney626 Winner - POTM December 2017 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197 - Nimbus
    So a little update.

Did a bit more research on bikes and looks like a restricted SV650s K7 is gonna cost the same amount as a ninja 250 (Including insurance). Looks like I'm gonna try to find myself one of those things as first bike...

sv650_sport_static.jpg

Jimmy likes this.