Does this name mean anything to anyone?

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Delivered to this very nice house earlier in the Reigate area, the driveway was full of very nice cars. Went to the front door, whilst walking to the front door, this red GTR with a personalised plate comes down the drive (last letters were TC on it)

Young lad gets out of the drivers seat. Brain thinks 'lottery winner', he says hello, takes the package off me, signs the DIAD. Asked for his surname, he said 'Chilton'.

Only when I googled 'T Chilton' did the results make me realise who that was. Lol.

Almost as hilarious as that time when I used to deliver to Peter Alliss, never heard of him, been delivering to him weekly for 6 months, when I asked him 'you into golf then?' Lol!

Tom Chilton is a BTCC driver, brother of Max Chilton who drives for Marussia in F1 :smile:

Edit - Mike got there first :smile:

Shame Tom went over to WTCC really. Doesn't the family own the WTCC team AON with the Ford Focus?

Shame Tom went over to WTCC really. Doesn't the family own the WTCC team AON with the Ford Focus?

Father Chilton owns/ MD at AON, who also owned arena Motorsport, that did run the ford focus in btcc and then wtcc! Apparently he pulled the plug on Arena to put the money into marussia allowing max to drive in F1.

Pretty sure Daddy Chilton has a lot to do with Capsicum who own Carlin Motorsport...

Also pretty sure TC's WTCC team is the same that was in BTCC. From my understanding, the BTCC team was pulled/moved to WTCC to coincide with Ford and their "global car" idea for the new/current Focus ST. Whilst not a works team, I'm sure Ford do have some sway with the marketing side of things etc.. I stand to be corrected though. Max being in F1 was a logical step as he's been decent right through the single seater ladder but having a big old purse behind him will have done him no harm this year. Bianchi is a far superior driver however and he only got his seat at the eleventh hour...