Does forum appearance matter to you?

Signature rules are too strict on this forum too, ie, the whole rule of not being able to align your signature to centre/right.

Dont agree with that sweeping statement at all .. they look even worse when to the centre/right.

Rules are there for a reason and I think this is a very simple but effective one.

Dont agree with that sweeping statement at all .. they look even worse when to the centre/right.

Personally its too restrictive, I've never come across a forum that has a rule where your not allowed to align your signature wherever you want it.

Sometimes it can look less messy and more appealing to the eye when its organised correctly, not just rammed in as one massive boring line of text.

I'm not a massive fan of picture signature's either, they look odd aligned to the left, they aren't so bad in the middle, but to the left, they look unbalanced. I guess it must just be my design flair coming through, with how text looks on a page.

Personally its too restrictive, I've never come across a forum that has a rule where your not allowed to align your signature wherever you want it.

Sometimes it can look less messy and more appealing to the eye when its organised correctly, not just rammed in as one massive boring line of text.

I'm not a massive fan of picture signature's either, they look odd aligned to the left, they aren't so bad in the middle, but to the left, they look unbalanced. I guess it must just be my design flair coming through, with how text looks on a page.

Design flair ........the new name for anal !?! :-p lol

I agree on the Sigs side of things. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish where a post ends and a sig starts. Just looks messy IMO. We have profile pages if people want to 'know who we are'.

Think myself and Maz are obviously of the same era ;/

The colours/fonts etc are all very clear and easy to read, but once again I think it looks dated when compared to other sites. Which is not neccesarily a bad thing, sometimes it's just natural to move with the times. Even if it's not broken, per say.

:headphone:

Colours are clean and easy to read. I would love it if you had the upgraded forum though.

I'm not a fan of sigs at all, really can get cluttered. It doesn't bother me too much on here because its restricted to a certain amount of lines but I think whatever you want in a sig should be in your profile. To touch on something Jason said, if sigs were centered then it would be easier to distinguish the sig from the post. All IMO of course.

I now know you can turn sigs off so I think I'll be doing that.

Mike, when I first joined I thought the site did look a bit dated like it had been designed in Windows 95 with layout and fonts, however I have come to appreciate this simplicity in style.
I find it easy to read and post, the fonts are clear.
I do think that some signatures are messy and take up too much space; eg, some posts might be half as long if it wasn't for huge listed signatures!
Also i don't see the point in having an Avitar and pics in a signature, but that's probably just my design flare speaking hey Maz :tongueout:roud: the Avitar's enough for me.

Last edited:
I like the format on here, colours are nice and easy on the eye as has been said. Love the fact theres no OTT signatures on here too, hate big sigs :jumpon:

Over on the MLR where i'm a Moderator we have a simple rule that sigs can be no bigger than 5 lines of text, or if a picture, then no flashing/moving .gifs and pic is to be no bigger than the equivalent of 5 lines of text. We have no rules about alignment, although we do suffer from overly long signatures at times.

:smile:

Last edited:
IMO i like the forum it easy to use and the signatures are fine as they are, imo this aint A level ART its a forum where guys and girls talk about clios and their experiences with them.

I like this format, exactly the same as Club GTI. Same software.

I like the ability to have 1 simple picture as a signature, but hate crap loads of text like Woodys. Just painful on the eyes.

like this forum but cliosport.net admin can be ****s sometimes especially in the for sale section

Please elaborate, there are certain rules in place on cs in the sale section, most of which are there to protect members from con-artists.

But to the main topic. Forum apperance will always be down to personal preference, forums will always evolve and move with the times. At first it may seem any change is not liked - that is the way with most things in life.

For me though, I hop between several different forums, some with good and bad points but it would be far too difficult to narrow down what 'I' would deem as acceptable

as said,i used to be a astra vxr owner and used to go on there regular,and is very stylish.and everytime you post on vxr you can find them again on subscibed threads,but not on here??whys that??

You can go to search and click my threads or replies?

If you click replies it will bring up all the posts you have made in threds to enable you to go back to see any replies, is that what you mean? :smile:

as said,i used to be a astra vxr owner and used to go on there regular,and is very stylish.and everytime you post on vxr you can find them again on subscibed threads,but not on here??whys that??

What Maz said :smile:

As others have said "if it aint broke don't fix it". You could modernise it if you want, add custom bits, etc but it adds complication when things needs updating or tweaking. It can make a small job a big one.

My cousin has two sites Sanctuary4Gamers and PixelatedPhotographer. The first one is using vBulletin and he's made his own custom skin. It looks nice but everytime vBulletin has an update loads of things also need updating and tweaking. Things don't work and need fixing after the update.

The second one is using xenforo and my cousin loves it compared to vBulletin. Easier to use and you can get a far more polished look wothout trying too hard.

As for this site I wouldn't change much if anything at all. The layout is simple and easy to use. It's one of the reasons this is one of the forums I look at first thing in the morning. If you want a cluttered forum go to the AVForums! I can never find anything I want and when I create threads they end up getting ignored. You could change colours a bit but you have to be very careful about ruining readability of the forums.