Different gearknob pictures / links ?

Thanks mate. Got a bit giddy there, thought I'd found a solution!
No problem. But I was thinking that perhaps if you machined down the part that's circled in the picture below it may work. The way I see it is that extra bit of metal would stop you from being to select reverse, but without it there you'd be able to pull up the reverse "pull ring".

gearknob_zpsci0ok0fv.gif

Reactions: ///M
^^^

Not sure of you guys issues ?

There's a 5 and a 6 speed version of the RS gear-knob.

6 speed has lift up option to select reverse. 5 doesnt......

So the 5 speed is for earlier 182's etc and others with 5 speed boxes. The 6 speed version is for 197 / 200's / Megs (And others im sure).

:smile:

^^^

So the 5 speed is for earlier 182's etc and others with 5 speed boxes. The 6 speed version is for 197 / 200's / Megs (And others im sure).

The one posted above is a fair bit cheaper than the 6 speed one and apart from the extra metal on the bottom of it, I can't really see any differences between them. Buying the one posted above and machining a bit off it would be a much cheaper alternative.

Reactions: sevenfourate
^^^

The issue is that I want to rip one apart. And I don't fancy putting £80+ down if I end up knackering it.

Chances are I'll end up doing exactly that though :smiley:

The one posted above is a fair bit cheaper than the 6 speed one and apart from the extra metal on the bottom of it, I can't really see any differences between them. Buying the one posted above and machining a bit off it would be a much cheaper alternative.

Exactly mate. Plus I won't feel like quite such a knob if I kill it while prising the top off!

Gotcha guys.

Sacrificial knob; for the custom gel badge i presume Mes ?

No mate, I just fancied owning a "sacrificial knob", as, well, you know, I don't currently have one of those...

Sorry, mate, absolutely can't resist the banter on this one.

Short answer, yeah.

You make that sound like some strange sport you partake in. Like extreme ironing, where they do it on top of cliffs.
I'll send you the link if you're interested in joining mate? :tearsofjoy:
Strong right arm came in handy no doubt :smile:

Like it ?
I'm left handed!

Yeah it's alright. Fuckin cold though! I've not driven it yet though as I'm wanting to machine polish it before it goes back out tbh. It's a 3rd car, so it won't see this time of year. Ever. Lol

I'll send you the link if you're interested in joining mate? :tearsofjoy:
I'm left handed!

Yeah it's alright. Fuckin cold though! I've not driven it yet though as I'm wanting to machine polish it before it goes back out tbh. It's a 3rd car, so it won't see this time of year. Ever. Lol

Haha - not sure if that's my thing or not, will try it out first to make sure!

Reactions: Northloopcup
Totally off topic but where did you get your phone mount from??? It looks like such a smart design and doesn't get in the way of anything!

The phone holder was from ebay about 3 years ago, can't find who from now.

It has 4 lugs on the frame to hold many types of clips/holders. i'll have a look for them.

I didn't call it a knob sock but no doubt that'll be in my mind the next time I see it. :oops:

Reactions: ///M