Different exhaust tips?

Anyone had problems with rattling exhaust tips? How did you fix it?

Yes, shortly after I bought the car..couldn't figure out what the noise was and was really beginning to worry it was serious. Somehow the clamp round the tip had came lose, took it to the local exhaust place and the fella tightened both - haven't had any problems since.

My ebay ones are a bit of a pain in the arse. One of them is always moving around even after I have used a jubilee clip on each one and have tightened them right up!

Also to anyone who has yet to buy, they only look shiny for about 5 minutes! They need regular cleaning.

exhaust tips look gr8

i bought these of ebay too bud and what a difference they make to the rear end, very cheap and east to fit( grinder out and do away with bolts lol) so many more people comment on the car with them on it. a must buy for the 197.:thumbup::thumbup:

noisy exhaust tips

anyone having problems with the exhaust tips rattling or noisy, just make sure when the jubilee clips are put on they sit behind the diffuser rather than in line with the diffuser as this will damage the diffuser with them rubbing and be a pain in the **** with the noise.:tongueout:

I'm unsure myself mate.

I believe the KTR is 2.5inch in diameter.

Correct me if i'm wrong someone...

so...the tips at 60mm that are designed to fit to the car's exhaust...it will be a close fitment, or appears so atleast...

I just wondered. As the KTR exhaust will be hidden, and I like the look of the tips.

Great sound + Great look = owns

If the ebay tips were difficult to push on the Ktec system I guess You could always open the leading edges up of the exhaust trims (that u wont see) with a hack saw if its a tighter than tight, just to get them on and fit then jubilee clip them on.

Just a suggestion but really cant comment on Ktec tailpipes. They fit great on oem slash cut thats for sure :thumbup:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27591

If the ebay tips were difficult to push on the Ktec system I guess You could always open the leading edges up of the exhaust trims (that u wont see) with a hack saw if its a tighter than tight, just to get them on and fit then jubilee clip them on.

Just a suggestion but really cant comment on Ktec tailpipes. They fit great on oem slash cut thats for sure :thumbup:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27591

Sound mate.

Yeah, a little modifcation never hurt anyone.

I'm sure they'll go on. even if the "hacking" is intrusive...:tongueout:inky:

Hey bud. Yep they are them...slightly cheaper on the sellers own website than his ebay shop from memory.. ditch the brackets included and use jubilee clips. Some just go clipless as its a tight a55 fit :thumbup:

I went for the single wall tips, look slightly smaller, but defo bigger than renault ones, thought it was the best option without it looking too much like 200 tips, also is rather subtle

F44000C5-5D56-4E29-AEAB-143395794943-972-000000515E56858F_zps4f731f84.jpg
460B35CA-3E8A-44E7-85D2-3BC07C8D9A7D-972-00000051628B67C0_zps9a7eccf7.jpg

Top tips

So got my tips today, a little modification and a quick polish and there on, £20 ont eBay and he even sent some sugar to keep me going

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 91