Differences between cup and non cup chassis

as above really, lol.

ive heard the cup chassis is stiffer than the non cup chassis, how have they stiffened it?

i went into a renault dealer and was told it was just lowered by 13mm and on stiffer springs. is that all thats been done or are there stiffer anti roll bars etc aswell?

also, because the R27 has the cup chassis, im guessing it will be the exact same chassis an the cup?

It depends if it's a 197 or a 200.

In the 197 is only the suspension, 30% stiffer shocks and 7mm lower.

In the 200 changes suspension (even stiffer than the 197 cup chassis) same 7mm lowering, bigger front ARB and quicker steering ratio.

Cheers

sorry Turu my bad, i meant on the 197.

cheers mate!

so it is just the suspension, havnt had chance to test drive any yet, is there a noticeable difference between the 197 and the 197 cup chassis? (im after an R27 btw)

IIRC cup chassis on the 197 also has stiffer Anti roll bars....

oh and Red brakes.

EDIT: i got this from a pdf about the R27
Cup Chassis:
- Lower ride height (7mm)
- Stiffer springs (+37% at front, +30% at rear)
- Stiffer dampers (+10%)
- Brembo front brakes with red calipers

Last edited:
yeah the chassis isnt stiffer as such, the suspension is stiffer. no changes have been made to the shell etc, just springs,dampers and front arb

cheers people! do those of you that have driven the cup or the R27 find the suspension too hard or not?

im used to fairly hard suspension from the zetec s so its not an issue, was just wondering.

cheers people! do those of you that have driven the cup or the R27 find the suspension too hard or not?

im used to fairly hard suspension from the zetec s so its not an issue, was just wondering.

I think the R27 suspension is great - its not rock solid at tall and takes bumps quite well! Even my mum likes it :scared: lol! Says it is better than the Leon FR they had which just shook your teeth out! I cant actually compare it to the standard setup though, I haven't been in another!

yeah its fine mate, a lots softer than the 182 cup and 200 cup chassis.

on bad roads i find mine gets unsettled a bit as it cannot recover from one bump before the next. It is also a lot stiffer than a standard car and you notice every bump but on smooth roads its something else. Really composed. That said i am ordering coilovers and they will be harder still lol.