Diamond Brite

Can anyone recommend Diamond Brite?

Ive been offered the treatment to my Clio when it gets here (obviously as a cost option)... comes with all the usual speil of "wont need to wax it for 800 years" etc etc...

Is it worth the initial expense, or should i do as ive always done, and say no and do it myself with my own stuff? ;/

personnally i wouldnt waste my money on it - i would spend it on quality car care products and do it myself - then i know it would be done right 8)

Yeah im always sceptical about it being done by a "Pro Detailier".... which normally boils down to... "the apprentice when hes got 5 minutes"

you cant beat doing it yourself mate, ( that sounds good ), lol :smiley:

like Si ^^^^ said at least you know its going to be done correct, just buy some decent products jaxx i enjoy a good 3 hour cleaning session.

i wouldnt pay for it to be done either.

you cant beat doing it yourself mate, ( that sounds good ), lol :smiley:

like Si ^^^^ said at least you know its going to be done correct, just buy some decent products jaxx i enjoy a good 3 hour cleaning session.

i wouldnt pay for it to be done either.

Cool...

Ive already got about 500quids worth of stuff hanging about that i have accumulated through the years ;/

I had the same faff with Volvo who tried to sell me SupaGaurd for about £600... i told them to GTFO and i could do it better for cheaper... which oddly stunned them lol. :smiley:

Thing is with Renault, they are charging me a very reasonable price to do it, and i get a confirmation/certificate when its done... which could look good on future resale :thumbup: Thats the main thing im thinking about :smile:

Plus ill probably end up washing and waxing it etc... in the first week :smiley:

The normal problem is that they don't prep the paint properly, so they seal in fallout and swirls, which is less than ideal

The product is decent, but is basically a sealant. The issue is the application processes and the paint prep.

Save the money your spending on the diamond brite and get a detailer to prep it for you. Diamond brite aint a rubbish product, its ok. But dealerships dont do it properly, as russ said they just apply a sealent without any prep which can actually create swirl marks in new factory fresh paint. The car needs to be properly washed and prep'd and then polished before this stuff is applied.

dont wast your money mate,its shxt.charge you 3-4 hundred quid for stuff that cost £25.and some muppet doing the job that aint got a clue.there is no soft wash mits,just a broom with a hose on it.then they try and seal it all in. I dont even let them wash it after service or warranty work.