Debadged the C L I O

Matt197

South West Rep
Debadged the C L I O badge a while ago, just got around to posting pictures.

Before
100_0424.gif

After removing the badge, as you can see the glue has been left behind
100_0425.gif

100_0425.gif

Wiped away with some glue and tar remover
100_0427.gif

As you can see, where the badge was C L I O is imprinted into the paint due to area being covered in swirls.
100_0428.gif

100_0429.gif

100_0430.gif

100_0431.gif

All done, took no more than half an hour and I think the results speak for them self 8-)

Excellent! It had to go! My fingernails hurt for a week after prizing mine off with brute force

think it looks great mate.thinking of doin the same seen a few now debadged and they look good

excellent stuff the "cup" look 8-) 8-)

just use some fishing wire or strong cotton to "cheese wire" behind the letters :wink:

Jib197cup said:
impersonating a cup tut tut tut lol

just kiddin !looks miles better :lol:

so if you have the cup it doesn,t come with the CLIO on the back then, ( didnt know that ),

when i brought my car it didnt have the CLIO on the back, it isnt a cup but it has the cup ugrade is this why it doesnt have it on the back then, ( hope that makes sense ),

sorry im still learning, :oops:

Looks good, I went one stage further with the Meg and took off the RS badge too :smiley:

4545_195004805593_517525593_7035877_5022077_n.jpg

Here is mine without the badge - IMHO - a lot better than before. It was one of my first mods:

Hi, mate!
I have the RS just in same colour and also have the first mod as a removed "CLIO", but now i can't came to a conclusion if 'Renault sport' true to remove, or let it be? What do you think?

Hi, mate!
I have the RS just in same colour and also have the first mod as a removed "CLIO", but now i can't came to a conclusion if 'Renault sport' true to remove, or let it be? What do you think?

I left the RS badge on purpose.

did you not use a hairdryer when removing the badge? i'm amazed at how much of the backing it left on... nice job though when finished :smile:

did you not use a hairdryer when removing the badge? i'm amazed at how much of the backing it left on... nice job though when finished :smile:

Yep I used a hairdryer, heated up for 1min or so then used dental floss to slice through the glue.

Was quite a lot that was left behind though, but then I had AS Tardis so it was no effort removing the glue.

Yep I used a hairdryer, heated up for 1min or so then used dental floss to slice through the glue.

Was quite a lot that was left behind though, but then I had AS Tardis so it was no effort removing the glue.

probably needed longer to heat up the glue... but all's ended well anyway :smile: