Day Z Standalone ??

I think it'll be good if it ever gets done, I've never played an Alpha release before but it kinda feels like the whole game is quite a bit broken though??? The zombies are dreadful, they run at you then just carry on past you, then turn around and come for some but they just flail their arms out and most of the time miss you! The clipping of objects and people through walls is also laughable!
Maybe these things are fixable, but IMO they seem like the absolute very first basic mechanics you would sort, even in Alpha. Then you start to add features and more guns etc to provide a richer experience and something you could move to beta and then release etc.

I wouldn't buy it right now tbh, without any base building or lockable safes for items etc, there is not a lot of point to the game now other than run around trying to find the best bits you can, but once you have them then what!?! I think from what I've read DayZ Epoch is the one to get currently, ArmaII was about £5 2 weeks ago for the complete set, so I will keep an eye out for the next time it's reduced and buy that and install the Epoch mod.

Alternatively if you want an Alpha, Rust is looking interesting, haven't played it though.

I just need to vent my anger on this game right now, I ****ING hate it!!!!!!!!

Just wiped out 3 zombies with a splitting axe, laggy as **** and it wasn't easy, bandaging myself up and bang, some **** snipped me.

H1Z1 looks like it might be the game to own this genre, being done by Sony and also on PS4 platform means it'll get proper dev as the catchment will be huge. For now I'm writing that £20 on DayZ SA as the worst £20 ever spent.