Dash cams

Jesse James

Platinum Member
I am sure there is someone on here that has one. Are they worth it? I have no idea what to look for so after advice if they seem like a good buy. Cheers in advance guys

Cant comment on a permanent one, there was a thread a little while back and someone highly rated an eBay one...

I have a gopro equivalent, called a sunco dream 2, which I just use on runs out etc and its pretty decent, its an action camera.

i was looking into this not long ago and found youtube very helpful..there is this guy who test them all..look it up..a decent dash cam will unfortunately cost you a few quid..
if you are getting one i would definitely go for a rear one too..they are being sold as one unit..
you will need to have a play about with the wire connecting the rear..

There seems to have been a big rise in popularity in these recently, so there are a lot available out there. The guy on YT that Pav mentioned is called Technomoan (if we're thinking of the same person!), he does some good reviews and comparisons etc.

As for whether they're worth it or not - You would hope that you would never have to rely on it because that would mean you've had an accident, or someones damaged your car...

The action cameras are a good choice because they do essentially the same thing as a dash cam and can be got for quite a good price. Just depends whether you want one permanently wired in, or one you can take out when you want.

Last edited: