Damn key card!!!

Car wouldn't unlock this morning, so took card out of wallet tried the buttons they not work either, I used the key this only set the alarm off, I luckily had a battery in the garage so put it in quick but still no luck!! Luckily I have got my work mates car while he is offshore and used that but can anyone help ??? Cheers steve

How old is the car mate? Mine went a bit sketchy for a while, I rang Renault, they told me to change the battery and poo poo'd it a little. I changed the battery and then it left our lass locked out at the shops for a few hours the week later.

I took it to Renault and demanded a new key. All credit to Harrats Renault in Wakey they ordered me a new key in from France and its been 95% perfect since. (I couldn't keep the old one as a spare though, no matter how hard I tried to blag it :smiley:)

Car wouldn't unlock this morning, so took card out of wallet tried the buttons they not work either, I used the key this only set the alarm off, I luckily had a battery in the garage so put it in quick but still no luck!! Luckily I have got my work mates car while he is offshore and used that but can anyone help ??? Cheers steve

how old was the battery in the garage?

The batter was new out of packet but was quite old I will get a fresh one tonight hope that cures it, mean while driving the z4 to work wasn't too bad

Highly unlikely it is the battery.

If the card is kept in wallet, and the wallet is kept in your back pocket it's more likely the card has been sat on / bent & the internal antenna is broken and will need repair.

They can be repaired though, I know a guy in Peterborough that does them for £20

I'm not sure if its just me going mad, but my Key Card doesn't seem to work if its in the same pocket as my iPhone. It will always let me open the doors, however, when I press the start button it can't seem to sense the key.

Your phone will block the signal from the keyard. It happened loads with my 197 key and it happens with my Mazda key too, although not quite as much as the keycard.

The battery died in the Mazda one earlier on today, was working fine, although it has been displaying the battery is low for a good while now. One minute it was working perfect and the next it wouldn't even open the door.

Similar Thread Suggestions