Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

sorry to hear Dale..hope you can come back to the RS..dont be a stranger mate..good luck

Really sorry to hear you've had such a rough time, Dale. I hope everything will work out for you - it's a shame that you have to let the 200 go, but if it helps you get back on your feet, that's the main thing. Best of luck, I hope you'll be alright, and do stick around - we don't want to to have to say goodbye to Detailing Dale!

That's proper shit Dale. I hope things turn around for you soon enough. We're a good and honest bunch on here and I'm sure we've had our equal share of misfortune in life. As and when you're ready, we're always here to give counsel should you need it.
Take care mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only just reading this mate. Given such a drastic requirement it must be really drastic times too. So sorry to hear things aren't going well Dale. Really hope if possible it all pulls together for you. I'm sure there are very few of us here who haven't had seriously hard times at some point.

Hoping you're out the other side and happy again absolutely as soon as possible. The car is a minor though mate, don't get too torn up about it if it has to go, it's just a car and there will always be other cars. If it helps get stuff in order, then so be it.

Very very best of luck fella.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, it's genuinely been a pleasure being a member of this family.

I'm thinking it might work out better if I sell the car and then pay the finance off with the money, how much would people say it's worth?

Few features:
  • Miltek Resonated catback exhaust system (only few months old)
  • Full brake disc and pads replaced all around like 2 months ago (Mintex M1144 pads on front)
  • Full cambelt aux belt water pump, engine coolant and dephaser pulley changed about 5 months ago
  • Recaro seats, very very very slight tear on passenger bolster which is hardly noticable (there is a pic somewere in my thread)
  • Renaultsport alluminium RS gearknob
  • Full Gearbox refurb about a year ago
  • Brand new OEM Exhaust Manifold and uprated powerflex gearbox, lower and upper engine mounts to avoid flexi damage on the new manifold
  • 36k miles - Registered December 2010
  • Cup edition with cup chassis and cup dampers and suspension
  • Custom white intake silicone hoses in engine bay
Car has been looked after exceptionally well by myself and the only downside is a scratch along the left side and under the front bumper which are both barely noticeable unless pointed out.

All the major well known faults with these cars have been sorted extremely recently so the car is in exception mechanical condition.

What do we reckon it's worth including the Recaro's and low mileage?

Any input would be great guys, and again seriously much appreciate all the help I've gotten from everyone on here! :french:

Dale, so sorry to hear about your situation mate!

Do you have standard bits to sell / swap over? As you know Recaros you can get £700-900 (depending on condition), exhaust you will get like £200-300 (maybe more?), so that alone is over a grand back and not massively hard to swap over if you have standard items.

Then you could sell the car a bit cheaper and sell it quicker maybe?

Reactions: Sean197
Dale, so sorry to hear about your situation mate!

Do you have standard bits to sell / swap over? As you know Recaros you can get £700-900 (depending on condition), exhaust you will get like £200-300 (maybe more?), so that alone is over a grand back and not massively hard to swap over if you have standard items.

Then you could sell the car a bit cheaper and sell it quicker maybe?

If I was returning it to the finance company this would make sense because they don't take into consideration the value of the reacros and the expensive cambelt service etc so I'd rather sell privately and then use the money to pay off the finance.

EDIT *** EG The finance company aren't going to care that the cambelt service and exhaust manifold cost close to a grand, but a private buyer who knows the car well knows this is a critical point and adds more value.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, it's genuinely been a pleasure being a member of this family.

I'm thinking it might work out better if I sell the car and then pay the finance off with the money, how much would people say it's worth?

Few features:
  • Miltek Resonated catback exhaust system (only few months old)
  • Full brake disc and pads replaced all around like 2 months ago (Mintex M1144 pads on front)
  • Full cambelt aux belt water pump, engine coolant and dephaser pulley changed about 5 months ago
  • Recaro seats, very very very slight tear on passenger bolster which is hardly noticable (there is a pic somewere in my thread)
  • Renaultsport alluminium RS gearknob
  • Full Gearbox refurb about a year ago
  • Brand new OEM Exhaust Manifold and uprated powerflex gearbox, lower and upper engine mounts to avoid flexi damage on the new manifold
  • 36k miles - Registered December 2010
  • Cup edition with cup chassis and cup dampers and suspension
  • Custom white intake silicone hoses in engine bay
Car has been looked after exceptionally well by myself and the only downside is a scratch along the left side and under the front bumper which are both barely noticeable unless pointed out.

All the major well known faults with these cars have been sorted extremely recently so the car is in exception mechanical condition.

What do we reckon it's worth including the Recaro's and low mileage?

@Steve Murr could probably give a good ballpark figure.
The only downside (for me, personally) is the buyer knowing it belongs to a finance company. You probably already know this, but make it clear in the ad that the remaining finance would be paid in the presence of the buyer upon collection.

As @suj says, you'll make a bit more money back stripping and replacing with standard parts, but it's a fiddly process, so is it really worth the extra versus the hassle. All depends how urgently the car needs to go. On the plus side, it's mechanically sound so definitely appealing.

I wish you all the best mate.

Just had a thought - wasn't @Gordini on the lookout for a low mileage 200 for his mate with the 182?

Reactions: sevenfourate
@Steve Murr could probably give a good ballpark figure.
The only downside (for me, personally) is the buyer knowing it belongs to a finance company. You probably already know this, but make it clear in the ad that the remaining finance would be paid in the presence of the buyer upon collection.

As @suj says, you'll make a bit more money back stripping and replacing with standard parts, but it's a fiddly process, so is it really worth the extra versus the hassle. All depends how urgently the car needs to go. On the plus side, it's mechanically sound so definitely appealing.

I wish you all the best mate.

Just had a thought - wasn't @Gordini on the lookout for a low mileage 200 for his mate with the 182?
Thanks Micah and sorry to read your plight Dale. Will mention this to my mate and let you know:smile:

Thanks guys, also wrote the mileage down wrong it's 31700 (but daily driver so increasing slightly)

Not really been active on the forum as much as I usually am, and just wanted to give a bit of a situation update just in case anybody was worried as to be honest this forum feels like a family more than a community.

My partner was off work sick for about 2 months, and due to some disagreement with the managers at her place they essentially told her not to come back, so she was paid 2 months sick pay which is barely anything and then left without a job. This mean't I had to cover all the bills since then which ate into all my savings and unfortunately as much as I love the fuel guzzling machine, she's the biggest expense and she has to go so we can get back on our feet.

My partner is fine she started a new job two weeks ago at a nicer place and on a bit more money, but the last 3 months have been incredibly stressful.

I'm so sad to be selling the car, not just because of the car but because I'll miss being a member on here I don't think I've ever been included in such a friendly and welcoming community :french:

Anyway the worst part is I can't sell the car because it's priced too high, but I can't afford to lower it as the sale needs to cover the finance cost which I can't afford to pay the difference on. My only option is to return it to the finance company for which they are charging me £3500, and just to make it that little bit worse it doesn't matter how much they auction the car on for even if it covers the outstanding finance I still have to pay the full £3500 :chair::censored:

Ah well! It's life, S*** happens, hopefully I'll have an RS again in a year or two, maybe a 200T in LY :hearteyes: but for the mean time me and my partner are sharing her 1.0L Citroen C1, which is a tad of a downgrade from the Clio :tearsofjoy:

Sorry to hear of your financial predicament Dale. Sounds s****y.
Hope you stay a member of the forum. Doesn't matter about cars. More about people.

Reactions: Dystant
Sorry to hear of your financial predicament Dale. Sounds s****y.
Hope you stay a member of the forum. Doesn't matter about cars. More about people.

Yeah even without owning the car, I think I've picked up quite a bit of 197/200 knowledge to be useful enough to hang around and post occasionally :smiley:

Not really been active on the forum as much as I usually am, and just wanted to give a bit of a situation update just in case anybody was worried as to be honest this forum feels like a family more than a community.

My partner was off work sick for about 2 months, and due to some disagreement with the managers at her place they essentially told her not to come back, so she was paid 2 months sick pay which is barely anything and then left without a job. This mean't I had to cover all the bills since then which ate into all my savings and unfortunately as much as I love the fuel guzzling machine, she's the biggest expense and she has to go so we can get back on our feet.

My partner is fine she started a new job two weeks ago at a nicer place and on a bit more money, but the last 3 months have been incredibly stressful.

I'm so sad to be selling the car, not just because of the car but because I'll miss being a member on here I don't think I've ever been included in such a friendly and welcoming community :french:

Anyway the worst part is I can't sell the car because it's priced too high, but I can't afford to lower it as the sale needs to cover the finance cost which I can't afford to pay the difference on. My only option is to return it to the finance company for which they are charging me £3500, and just to make it that little bit worse it doesn't matter how much they auction the car on for even if it covers the outstanding finance I still have to pay the full £3500 :chair::censored:

Ah well! It's life, S*** happens, hopefully I'll have an RS again in a year or two, maybe a 200T in LY :hearteyes: but for the mean time me and my partner are sharing her 1.0L Citroen C1, which is a tad of a downgrade from the Clio :tearsofjoy:

So sorry to hear this, but glad your partner has found another job and one that pays a bit better.

I hope you manage to recoup some of the money by selling the decent parts from your car.

Reactions: Dystant
That's pretty shit Dale and sad it had to come to that.
With my HR head on, and without knowing the background, would your partner not have a case for unfair dismissal or possible discrimination? I hope her employer fully thought this through, else there are grounds for a tribunal. If you genuinely think it was a bit underhand then I'd advise calling ACAS.

Terrible to hear and read about your predicament! It's good you guys are both in jobs now though but a shame the car has to go.

Would you not be best to lower the price even slightly more on the Clio so you don't have to pay the £3,500 penalty? As I say your car is one of two I am interested in but the price on both was quite similar and a bit more than I had budgeted for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible to hear and read about your predicament! It's good you guys are both in jobs now though but a shame the car has to go.

Would you not be best to lower the price even slightly more on the Clio so you don't have to pay the £3,500 penalty? As I say your car is one of two I am interested in but the price on both was quite similar and a bit more than I had budgeted for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately my rear tire got a nail in it the other day and wont stay inflated, and a check emissions light came on and the car isn't running correctly (I'm 99% sure it's a lambda sensor fault, which is a cheap fix) but I've not even got the money to repair the car at the moment.

Reactions: -Eddie-
That's pretty shit Dale and sad it had to come to that.
With my HR head on, and without knowing the background, would your partner not have a case for unfair dismissal or possible discrimination? I hope her employer fully thought this through, else there are grounds for a tribunal. If you genuinely think it was a bit underhand then I'd advise calling ACAS.

She'd had quite a lot of time off over the last 12 months in small chunks here and there and she'd had a warning or two so I doubt there would be much of a case.