Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Glad you've got the car back after all that time! Tears would have been shed from me too in that situation! Shame you have to spend all that money on it now too, however a new exhaust is always a nice thing :wink:

Yeah the way I see it I was kind of considering upgrading the exhaust system and getting a remap anyway, so this has kinda of 'unfortunately' forced my hand :tongueout:

Reactions: Jimmy
So another update time!

Decided to change all interior bulbs for some LED ones, and I must say they are much better and brighter and have a slight blue tint to them so I love them!

7idyGhQl.jpg

1adQ0WQl.jpg

BJvotGCl.jpg

zFF7Tx2l.jpg

FqmZbqYl.jpg

Whilst I was doing this I also noticed one of the side headlight bulbs had gone, and being the same fitment as the interior bulbs decided to change them for the LED ones, think they look much better...

Side by side comparison
0jfNkTDl.jpg

Both changed
3LE7Bsql.jpg

Next thing was to get the side mirrors matching as the previous owner must have damaged the drivers side and replaced it with a 197 one which looks completely different... it was driving me insane! Anyway £40 for a used one but in decent condition is now all sorted.

ixi4WP1l.jpg

Also got some wind deflectors fitted... at first I wasn't that keen but they've really grown on me and once I fitted them I'm chuffed as I personally think they look great!

h1faRcMl.jpg

Next to cross of the list was 3D gel number plates ordered off eBay, only £30 and the quality of them is great.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with my old plates mind you, but I think the gel ones look much cleaner and better, they're hard to see on the darker pictures below but rest assured, they look ace! :tongueout:

xLL0tZIl.jpg

gf513oMl.jpg

nyE2Lgol.jpg

1RRyyc6l.jpg

Also planned to switch out the currently fitted K&N cone filter with the OEM setup with and K&N Panel filter which I bought of a fella on here, but there was a pipe missing so I can't yet fit ... but I used that as an excuse to order some custom white silicone hoses from JSPerformance which should get here by Friday, so will be fitting all of that soon.

I'm hoping it will help with air intake temps as the engine seems to lose power once it gets really hot, I imagine because the cone filter is just sucking in very hot air from exhaust manifold below...

Also really excited to get the foot rest which @sevenfourate has sorted a group buy out for a lot of us, so big thanks to Shuv for this, can't wait to fit it and take some pics! :smiley:

That's all for now anyway, thanks for reading!

lots of good changes mate..keep them coming..
funny to see rear seats in the car for a change :smiley:

Thanks bud :smiley:

I never ever have passengers in the back, so I'm half tempted to just remove them, must be good for shaving at least a few 10ths of a second off the 0-60 :tongueout: lol!

Cars looking good mate . 13 weeks without your car must of drove you mad tho .

& Yeah was very stressful... it's funny because people just shrug it off like "it's only a car!" ... but to me it's more of a hobby, and all the parts sat at home waiting to fit for about 10 weeks was driving me nuts! :tearsofjoy:

& Yeah was very stressful... it's funny because people just shrug it off like "it's only a car!" ... but to me it's more of a hobby, and all the parts sat at home waiting to fit for about 10 weeks was driving me nuts! :tearsofjoy:

I could imagine it was stressful for you mate its a long time to be without your pride and joy . At least its back now for you to enjoy . :thumb:

I could imagine it was stressful for you mate its a long time to be without your pride and joy . At least its back now for you to enjoy . :thumb:

Think I'm enjoying it a little too much ... used a full tank of petrol in 2 days!! :track:

Reactions: Pav
Looking good mate. LEDs are such an improvement and as you know I love the gel plates. Quick question did your car come from Glasgow as that garage rings a bell.

Reactions: Dystant
'JUST' LED bulbs in the rear numberplate light holders.......or are they the complete LED replacement units ?

Those babies look bright !

Car looks spot-on by the way buddy. Some great touches......and i love all of them :smile:

Looking good mate. LEDs are such an improvement and as you know I love the gel plates. Quick question did your car come from Glasgow as that garage rings a bell.

Yeah from what I can tell from service book the last service was done in Glasgow so that would make sense :smiley: Are you local to it? You never know you might have come across my car at some point whilst it was over there lol.

'JUST' LED bulbs in the rear numberplate light holders.......or are they the complete LED replacement units ?

Those babies look bright !

Car looks spot-on by the way buddy. Some great touches......and i love all of them :smile:

They're just LED bulbs slotted in bud, the pictures don't even do them any justice, in person they're a lot brighter :smiley:

Nice little upgrades, Dale, I like them! And good on you for using all that petrol in two days! That's what these cars are meant for!

They're just LED bulbs slotted in bud, the pictures don't even do them any justice, in person they're a lot brighter :smiley:

Same as ive got then (I've done all interior and exterior like you).

Guess i dont stand behind my car at night with the lights on too often...... :smile:

So....whats next [Big or small] ?

So....whats next [Big or small] ?

Got a few small things lined up which I'll be sorting this weekend if it's not raining...
  1. Front bumper and headlights are being removed and refitted so I can make sure everything is sat correctly as the bonnet isn't resting evenly, I think this is because the headlights aren't seated correctly forcing the bumper to be pushed forward
  2. Get rid of K&N Cone filter and fit OEM air intake with a K&N panel and custom white intake hoses
  3. De-badge the 'Clio' as this definitely gives her a much more tidy rear :wink:
  4. Spray wing mirror caps gloss black
Long term big things to tackle are...
  1. Toyosport exhaust manifold
  2. Miltek/Scorpion non-resonated cat-back exhaust
  3. Engine mounts to prevent damage to new exhaust manifold
  4. RS tuning remap
Looks like I better get saving!!!! :excited:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Got a few small things lined up which I'll be sorting this weekend if it's not raining...
  1. Front bumper and headlights are being removed and refitted so I can make sure everything is sat correctly as the bonnet isn't resting evenly, I think this is because the headlights aren't seated correctly forcing the bumper to be pushed forward
  2. Get rid of K&N Cone filter and fit OEM air intake with a K&N panel and custom white intake hoses
  3. De-badge the 'Clio' as this definitely gives her a much more tidy rear :wink:
  4. Spray wing mirror caps gloss black
Long term big things to tackle are...
  1. Toyosport exhaust manifold
  2. Miltek/Scorpion non-resonated cat-back exhaust
  3. Engine mounts to prevent damage to new exhaust manifold
  4. RS tuning remap
Looks like I better get saving!!!! :excited:

The latter part isnt cheap as we've discussed.

At least you've got some direction and know where your going though !