Custom Straight Pipe?

Just ordered a Decat pipe from Ktec, want to make it louder so thinking about going straight through after the decat.

Has anyone done this? want to know how loud it is before i go for it.

Also how do i get it to spit flames? I saw an Alien green 200 on youtube that spits flames and its now made me want it!

Cheers :smile:

Assume this is on a standard system? Will be horribly loud and raspy I imagine with being straight through all the way...

Will be very loud. Pointlessly so IMO.

When I test drive mine it had a custom cat back system, still had the cat, then a small mid silencer followed by no rear box, it sounded alright but far far far too loud so removing the cat and middle.....dread to think.

Would this not also aggrevate these cars flat spot? From what I've read?

Will be very loud. Pointlessly so IMO.

When I test drive mine it had a custom cat back system, still had the cat, then a small mid silencer followed by no rear box, it sounded alright but far far far too loud so removing the cat and middle.....dread to think.

Would this not also aggrevate these cars flat spot? From what I've read?[/QUOTE

Yeah ive heard about the flat spots but theres a map to fix that :smile:

I've had my resonator deleted and it's plenty loud enough just at that. Without the back box either it'd be ridiculous.

I used to have a YS/Cup Racer system on my 182 that was straight from the manifold back to a small single rear box. It was great for flow but brutally loud.

My 200's system sounds normal under 50% throttle and above that you get a nice rasp and crackles. Some people prefer a dull sounding system though an they don't want rasp.

The Alien Green car you've seen is probably supercharged, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

I've had my resonator deleted and it's plenty loud enough just at that. Without the back box either it'd be ridiculous.

I used to have a YS/Cup Racer system on my 182 that was straight from the manifold back to a small single rear box. It was great for flow but brutally loud.

My 200's system sounds normal under 50% throttle and above that you get a nice rasp and crackles. Some people prefer a dull sounding system though an they don't want rasp.

The Alien Green car you've seen is probably supercharged, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Yeah i'll probably do decat for now and if i get bored i'll take the resonator out. the green RS owner says he only has KTR exhaust, decat and remap. here's the link to the video:

Yeah i'll probably do decat for now and if i get bored i'll take the resonator out. the green RS owner says he only has KTR exhaust, decat and remap. here's the link to the video:

Looks like one of those stupid "pops and bangs" remaps (although I don't have sound at work)

They work by retarding the timing slightly, off throttle. Pointless and damaging long term.