Cup 2 or AD08R

had them both. performance wise (on track) there's not that much difference between the two.

- with the yokohama, i found the clio a bit more stable at the back under heavy braking.
- change of direction, also slight nudge to the yoko.
- the yoko has a much fiirmer sidewall, so a bit less comfortable on the road.
- i like the looks of the yoko better, because it's a much more "squarer" tyre.
- the michelin performs better (only just) when it's wet.
- the yoko lasts longer.

i'm sticking with the AD08R. one reason is, over here (belgium) it's quite a bit cheaper than the cup2. but the main reason is, because the michelins came from the rim like this ...

View attachment 119383

View attachment 119384

and while there was still some tread on the tyre, i only changed them because there were chunks flying off ...

View attachment 119385

View attachment 119386

i've heard that a couple of german clio drivers had the same problem. i've also heard some praise about the cup2, stating none of the problems i had with them. maybe it was just a bad batch (i bought them in early 2016)? i contacted michelin belgium, hoping they could tell me what went wrong. haven't heard from them since last october (?). reminds me, have to sent them an email again. :smile:
You have overheated that edge and it has caused blistering. Look how far the wear is down the sidewall. You would need far more pressure in that tyre to prevent that.