Creatine Monohydrate

My view on this is you have the older generation like myself who go the gym and not take any pills or potions and just work hard on their fitness and physique. The younger ones have an image to portrait so come in drinking this shake for this and that shake for that and end up strutting their stuff around the gym with big chests and arms in skin tight tops with skinny legs and woman's leggings on. Makes us laugh. Each to their own though. Enjoy the mood swings that you 'dont' get taking all that stuff.

Yeah you're always gonna get those stereotypical douchebags :tearsofjoy:

My view on this is you have the older generation like myself who go the gym and not take any pills or potions and just work hard on their fitness and physique. The younger ones have an image to portrait so come in drinking this shake for this and that shake for that and end up strutting their stuff around the gym with big chests and arms in skin tight tops with skinny legs and woman's leggings on. Makes us laugh. Each to their own though. Enjoy the mood swings that you 'dont' get taking all that stuff.
Fair enough, but none of these "pills" or "potions" openly state or advertise they are replacements for hard work and clean eating because they're not. They're called supplements for a reason and age has nothing to do with whether or not a person is misinformed or ignorant enough to think that taking these supplements will get them ripped in 8 weeks. From what i've seen older gentlemen are just as bad at using incorrect form so both camps has it's bad seeds. And unless we're talking about taking testosterone, you won't be getting mood swings from taking creatine, protein, BCAAs and pre workout supplements (if you need them).

Of course you can argue with the scientific experiments and studies conducted as a lot of people do, but dismissing these products because they weren't around in your time is simply silly in my opinion. Anyway like you said, to each their own.
@Dystant are you doing Madcow 5x5, 5/3/1 or a different program mate? :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Guys I don't want anyone taking my threads personally these are just my views. I hear guys talking about taking all this stuff and hear about headaches, constipation, insomnia, mood swings etc. As I said my gym owner thinks a lot of it is crap but there is a big market for it so that's why he sells it. Him and his girlfriend are knowledgeable on nutrition and will guide you on what and when to eat rather than using supplements. I would rather train clean.

Reactions: Jimmy and Dystant
@Dystant are you doing Madcow 5x5, 5/3/1 or a different program mate? :smile:

I'm on a linear variation of stronglifts 5x5, so basically doing the big compound exercises; deadlift, squat, rows, overhead press and bench :thumb:

Thing I'm most struggling with though is eating enough, I've spent most of my life being ridiculously skinny and never eating that much so it's really difficult because I'm constantly full :tearsofjoy:

@Dystant @LOCKE @DS197 I find all this very misleading pills all talk about taking supplements I just trained hard took nothing.Just had a strong mental attitude to pain from a young age I do think you need to strengthen the brain too just my point of view

I'm on a linear variation of stronglifts 5x5, so basically doing the big compound exercises; deadlift, squat, rows, overhead press and bench :thumb:

Thing I'm most struggling with though is eating enough, I've spent most of my life being ridiculously skinny and never eating that much so it's really difficult because I'm constantly full :tearsofjoy:
You won't go wrong with 5x5, one of my friends started out on that and his lifts were impressive. Although I have to say I struggled increasing the weight for overhead presses. Definitely felt the burn every session when doing those! I'm the opposite mate, I put on weight by just looking at food! I'll be doing a lean bulk for sure when I hit the gym again. Be interesting to see how you get on, let us know how it goes! :smile:

@Dystant @LOCKE @DS197 I find all this very misleading pills all talk about taking supplements I just trained hard took nothing.Just had a strong mental attitude to pain from a young age I do think you need to strengthen the brain too just my point of view
I agree mate, but supplements do have their place in upping your performance. However the basics of training hard, training correctly and eating clean are essential and i'd never suggest otherwise.

You won't go wrong with 5x5, one of my friends started out on that and his lifts were impressive. Although I have to say I struggled increasing the weight for overhead presses. Definitely felt the burn every session when doing those! I'm the opposite mate, I put on weight by just looking at food! I'll be doing a lean bulk for sure when I hit the gym again. Be interesting to see how you get on, let us know how it goes! :smile:

Oh my god I hate the overhead press so much, without a doubt the hardest exercise to progress in and the burn is unreal :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: DS197
Supplements have their place, absolutely.

Some people have the uncanny ability to push/pull mental amounts of weight, not even supplements will get you there; even the steroid kind.

Train hard, eat healthy, take healthy supplements. Just remember, if you're skinny, you'll always be skinny. It'll always be a fight and a fight you'll never win.

As for Creatine, Mono requires loading, it's the enanthate of Creatine; but even taking a scoop a day before your planned session will provide a performance increase if the mono is from a reputable company. Ethyl doesn't require loading, it's the acetate of Creatine.

Reactions: DS197
Creatine is great, pretty harmless when combined with a decent diet. As say you will hold a lot more water than usual so drink up and be prepared to pee away some of your visual gains during a down time but the strength will stay.

Remember to take a break from it from time to time too as although no serious detrimental link can be found taking supplements of any kind naturally have an effect on both the liver and kidneys.

Guys I don't want anyone taking my threads personally these are just my views. I hear guys talking about taking all this stuff and hear about headaches, constipation, insomnia, mood swings etc. As I said my gym owner thinks a lot of it is crap but there is a big market for it so that's why he sells it. Him and his girlfriend are knowledgeable on nutrition and will guide you on what and when to eat rather than using supplements. I would rather train clean.

This couldnt be more true i just think creatine is great. Need to avoid all the pre workout, fat burner junk etc loaded with stimulants and other "natural" crap.

Reactions: LOCKE and Dystant