Creaks all over!

lewisflintham

POTM Winner - November 2016, August 2017
Gold Member
Apart from the creak from the rear which I've traced to the tailgate, this car doesn't half creak and rattle. So much for improved build quality. There's a really annoying vibrating rattle from the rear which seems to be the black plastic surround on the tailgate. I'm planning on removing this and putting some foam under it. Then there's the driver's door window. This creaks too! It's definitely the window, as it doesn't creak if you lower it a bit. Bloody French cars!

Oh, and the driver's seatbelt. (The holder, as in the bit with the button on) this creaks so much too!

Last edited:
My dash rattles on passenger side sometimes , so annoying but didn't expect anything else really , every Clio sport I've ever owned has had a rattle lol

Mine is lowered on coilovers and I drive to work and back on some really pitted back roads, and it doesn't rattle at all! The build quality on the mk3's is miles better than the mk2's.

I love the creaks.

Everywhere creaks on my car, front to rear lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have a creak that rattles on the B pillar joined to the windowscreen, drives me nut! I'll be going down the road and leaning over towards passenger side to give the pillar a good firm thump to stop it haha! Either that or I used to wedge a spare sock I had in the corner of the windowscreen to stop it!

It's all part of the fun trying to identify/stop rattles in Renaults, you solve one and you unearth another! I wouldn't have it any other way though, even if it does drive me insane!

I do think there is a situation with the MK4 tailgate flexing and rubbing/creaking on the rubber seal. Same with the front doors, it also appears more audible after I sealed the paintwork in these areas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully some of these will get sorted when it goes in to Renault on Monday.

Well, I've fixed the annoying vibration from the rear. It's the plastic surround/cover, e.g. the bit with the grab handles on. You just need to remove this, and stick some foam around the edge.

Here's the tailgate with it removed20160416_121038_zpssasuuoyk.jpg

Then get some foam stuff
20160416_122547_zpsaqguvhjo.jpg

Then stick it all the way round the edge
20160416_121033_zpsou1p9z6h.jpg

Sorted!

That's Probley same as mine then. Mine rattles at back terrible. I've removed heat shield from the diffuser aswell as that was driving me mad

Same rattle in mine (IE. cover over rear wiper motor etc.). Just loosened the screws and carefully placed a few double sided sticky pads between the plastic and the metal boot lid (similar solution to above I suppose) and re-tightened the screws. Rattles / creaking noise gone.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TB Rich Interior and Audio 0