Craig's new 197

Hi guys!! posted two pics on the Facebook earlier to, but will put a couple on here now it's up and running again!

Picked it up this morning at 9am and been loving it ever since lol

Upgraded from a Saxo VTR. Still have it. pic below

219661d7.jpg

Heres just a couple pictures i have got today!

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

Cheers guys!!

Last edited:
I'd def keep them, really sets it off and gives it a bit of an edge, I see you have recaros too, just need a cup spoiler now ;-) bet your loving it, had my 200 just over a year and it still gets me excited like it did on day one.

I'd def keep them, really sets it off and gives it a bit of an edge, I see you have recaros too, just need a cup spoiler now ;-) bet your loving it, had my 200 just over a year and it still gets me excited like it did on day one.

To be totally honest i don't like the cup spoiler

Cheers guys!!

Two questions.

1. This morning i couldn't get it into gear :/ seems fine now. Now with my previous cars i've always left it in reverse as my drive is on a slope, and i did this last night. My dad said something about the clutch sticking maybe? is this correct or do i have a problem that needs sorting?

2. There is a knocking/clunking coming from the rear of the car. Sometimes over bumps, and sometimes when i change gear. Sounds like the exhaust maybe knocking?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers guys!!

Two questions.

1. This morning i couldn't get it into gear :/ seems fine now. Now with my previous cars i've always left it in reverse as my drive is on a slope, and i did this last night. My dad said something about the clutch sticking maybe? is this correct or do i have a problem that needs sorting?

2. There is a knocking/clunking coming from the rear of the car. Sometimes over bumps, and sometimes when i change gear. Sounds like the exhaust maybe knocking?

Any help would be appreciated

1. When cold it is usually difficult to get it into gear. Just part and parcel of Clio 197/200 ownership.

2. Sounds like exhaust hitting the heat shield. Warranty dependant, Renault will fix this.

1. If it doesn't go into 1st/reverse try the other one, or 2nd. It will go in easily and then try going back to the original gear. Sounds a faff and it is but end up just doing it autonatically.

2. Check the exhaust mounts too, famous on the older cars for just collapsing.

Cheers!

I just went out to it, and hit the diffuser, and loads of stones, dust came out of what i think are draining holes?

but there was like a vibrating sound when diffuser was hit, like it was the heat shield

looking good mate. The white speedlines look nice. Just need a cup spoiler to finish it off and you're sorted :smiley: Nice location on the pics as well

Hi mate your from Cardiff? Reason I ask I think I went to see it before I got mine but saw another one at the same dealer tho. Jeff White?

Ryan

:clap: good man!
Car looks good mate. Liking the White/Black combo :smile:

Dunno what it is about the cup spoiler like, just don't like it! haha

Cheers

Hi mate your from Cardiff? Reason I ask I think I went to see it before I got mine but saw another one at the same dealer tho. Jeff White?

Ryan

Well just down the road. From Pontypool like

yeah i'm happy with it, went back to the dealer today for them to look at why it wouldnt go in gear and couldnt find nothing wrong. They sorted the knock from the rear that turned out to be the heat shield hitting the exhaust, so they tightened all of that and the knock is gone!

Are you from Cardiff? I'd like to get a meet going like, but doesnt seem to many from South Wales around like, just me and my mate

Yeah I'm in Cardiff mate. I've seen a few 197's and 200's flying around but don't know if many are on here.

I got mine from there too. Had to get rid of they're dealer number plates and stickers tho felt like a driving billboard for them :smile:

I get the stiff gear change in the morning too perfectly normal apparently.

Yeah I'm in Cardiff mate. I've seen a few 197's and 200's flying around but don't know if many are on here.

I got mine from there too. Had to get rid of they're dealer number plates and stickers tho felt like a driving billboard for them :smile:

I get the stiff gear change in the morning too perfectly normal apparently.

ahhh right wicked nice to know not the only one with the problem like.

We have to get a meet going maybe up Brecon Beacons, as ive sorted a few meets up there with my previous car owners club. I'm still a regular on there, and I'm talking about doing one next month maybe if anyone wants to tag along?