cost of megane conversion

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
For those that have it.
I need the approx cost of this conversion plz.
I intend to consider running a std meg engine..not fussed about remap as i intend to run the clio gearbox with my quaife diff so the std 230bhp n similar torque should cause no issues..hopefully.
Look forward to feedback ta.

Dont know anything on cost other than ktec having said they had one kit ready to go at £5k +, but you will be kept busy with the 197/200 gearbox as the standard meg engine only revs to a limit of 6.5kish

Yeah if your going standard power, R26 box anyday. Jonseys is awesome, the limit of 6.5k is over revving anyway really, thats the good thing about that lump is that u can change at 5.5 and it pulls. Even then youd pay less than 6k.

And a supercharger kit should be less... almost makes more sense to go your route :wink: although a meg engine you can get a lot more power from.

might make more if both are in standard form, if u want abit more like a remap, megane engine all the way, clio engone with out it being forged wont take any more.

price wise is

fully working engine roughly ( 1 - 1.5k )
parts roughly ( 1-2k )
labour, which ranges depending on where u go ( 1.5 - 2.5k )

where's the best place to get a doner engine from,are people still buying full cars for the motor or can you source the engine alone from somewhere? how do ktec do it?

might make more if both are in standard form, if u want abit more like a remap, megane engine all the way, clio engone with out it being forged wont take any more.

price wise is

fully working engine roughly ( 1 - 1.5k )
parts roughly ( 1-2k )
labour, which ranges depending on where u go ( 1.5 - 2.5k )

It all depends where you wanna go with power from Mikey's 260bhp is the most you'll get without going forged. The megane is in the 300's I believe.

Also depends on whether you want big boost or still want a screamer. I love that the revs just keep going so id prefer a supercharged clio.

And a supercharger kit should be less... almost makes more sense to go your route :wink: although a meg engine you can get a lot more power from.

Yeah the SC kit is less. Well mines running 260, fmp's is 265, so not much different. But he has about 80 lb ft more than me.

Yeah i no mate, loads of torque lol!

Thats about the max for stage 2, 270 ish tops or bang bang. No way 300 on standard internals. A TDF meg blew at 300.

With these conversions it just depends how u like you power delivered. Me and jonsey have been out in each others cars, and agree they are both amazing but very different.

Thats about the max for stage 2, 270 ish tops or bang bang. No way 300 on standard internals. A TDF meg blew at 300.

With these conversions it just depends how u like you power delivered. Me and jonsey have been out in each others cars, and agree they are both amazing but very different.

Really? Interesting that.

supercharger ftw!!! :smiley:

You are pushing your luck once you get near the 300bhp mark, but its the torque that tends to be the killer anything over 300lbft and you can roll the dice, the standard clutch doesnt like it either once you get to that level of torque

Didn't RS tuning blow their first R26.r engine at ~300bhp before they rebuilt it for the 500bhp setup they have now with forged and strengthened internals.

Think it was 320-330, have a look it in the latest pfc its in that if anyone has one to hand

Think it was 320-330, have a look it in the latest pfc its in that if anyone has one to hand

Now that you mention it I do... They ran it at 330bhp and it threw a rod. Claims in there that lots of people run at 300bhp without too much issues. But it is PFC mag so that could be wrong lol...

Two of my mates ran stage 2 on theirs, ones went bang the other is still going strong, the one that is still going is 280ish bhp off the top of my head but just over 300lbft iirc, there are loads out there that have been running stage 2 for years without issue, but there seemed to be a spate of them going pop around the same time last year all with various mileages and ages....

My meg r26 ran stage 2 with no issues for nrly 2 years. Was 265bhp n 315lb on standard clutch n injectors. Obviously ran an uprated ic too.
So im thinking sc or itbs as i want to keep my gearbox as already got the diff.
Not interested in massive power as i wanna keep price reasonable without needing to forge etc.