Corbeau Clubsport?

Discussion in 'Interior and Audio' started by Christopher, Mar 15, 2017.

1. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Moderator

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Great pics and info :smile:

Had them in long ? Does the material seem like it will last; bearing in mind these might well be for daily use and not just for races at weekends !!

2. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    You unbolt the main 'lap' harness from the sill mounting, feed it through the slot in the side of the bucket and then reconnect it to the sill mounting. Then feed the pre-tensioner/buckle assembly though the slot on the other side of the bucket and you're sorted. Full contact with your lap using the standard belts and buckets.

The only modification you have to do is fit the OE Recaro pre-tensioner bracket to the new subframes, so you'll need to drill a few holes. Bingo.

3. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    EXACTLY what I'm planning.

What did you need to order/do to get them fitted like that? Do you have a list of exactly what you ordered?

Any help greatly appreciated!

4. lild-200cup

lild-200cup Gold Member

uckfield, east sussex
    Storm grey ff Clio 200
    Had them fitted in my previous rb 182 so took them out when I sold it and fitted them in the 200. Have had them nearly a year but only drive the car on weekends so wouldn't of worn much but seem pretty hard wearing l, like I say I think they are an excellent seat for the price but unfortunately they only make a limited amount each time so they sell very quickly so when I ordered mine I paid a deposit and they called me once they had been made.

sevenfourate likes this.
  5. lild-200cup

lild-200cup Gold Member

uckfield, east sussex
    Storm grey ff Clio 200
    The only other thing I needed was a set of sparco subframes from jjc race and rally. The only thing I will say is with the sparco subframes and the xl size seats is the seats seemed to be quite wide compared to the width of the holes located on the subframes to bolt runners to so the side mounts bent out slightly but can be easily resolved by drilling holes slightly wider on the subframes or get different side mounts to give more adjustment, if this makes any sense lol I'll try and get pics to show what I mean.

sevenfourate likes this.
  6. skippy93

skippy93 Paid Member

nottingham/derby
    Ultra Red 197
    @dgo130 This is the tread that should help with your problem as a few here have used the Sparco Subframes.

Callum

7. skippy93

skippy93 Paid Member

nottingham/derby
    Ultra Red 197
    I Just heated the metal o it was malleable the and put a slight bend in so it came though the harness hole for a tighter fit and then drilled and mounted it to the side mount.

sevenfourate likes this.
  8. dgo130

dgo130 Paid Member

Renault Clio 197 Cup
    Cheers Mate!!

skippy93 and sevenfourate like this.
  9. skippy93

skippy93 Paid Member

nottingham/derby
    Ultra Red 197
    Here's how it sits.

Attached Files:

10. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Can you buy the seats from JJC also? I need the standard sizing rather than the XLs though.

Why do you need the Sparco subframes? Just for more adjustment? Any pics/guidance would be really helpful!

11. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    These ones?

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/trackday/seat-mounts/sparco-steel-side-mounts-pair

12. lild-200cup

lild-200cup Gold Member

uckfield, east sussex
    Storm grey ff Clio 200
    Tbh I would get the seats directly from corbeau as I would of thought everywhere else will be out of stock. If your similar waist and height as me then I would get a standard size for the drivers side and xl for passenger as they are very snug. I only drive mine occasionally on the weekend and for track so not sure how comfortable they would be for everyday use due to the fixed back. The standard size also seems to have higher bolsters so get more support. Yh those side mounts look OK but you would also need the Sparco subframes as the OMP ones are very low and don't seem to line up with the bolt holes in the floor very well as many have said on here.

///M and sevenfourate like this.
  13. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Again, great info mate, cheers.

Just to rule out any issues (and my error) are these the ones that I need? I've ordered the seats from Corbeau now and they already come with frames which apparently these fit to?

So I'll just need:

1. Seats from Corbeau. Ordered.
    2. The frames linked below.

It's a minefield, this!

I'll order them today if so. Sorry for the bombardment of questions. :tearsofjoy:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand...clio-mk3-direct-fit-sub-frames/prod_1730.html

lild-200cup likes this.
  14. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Sorted now, thanks for all your help. Finally found a retailer who explained it to me.

I can't recommend GSM parts enough. Great advice. Orders placed for everything now. Should be with me by early April.

I've just picked up a new daily this week too, so the 200 is officially a driveway ornament for weekends from now on.:tearsofjoy:

sevenfourate likes this.
  15. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Moderator

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Great news. Look forward to seeing these fitted :smile:

Nice to hear glowing reports of GSM too. Will very likely get my seats from them....

***Pics of daily needed !!!! :smile:

16. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    I ordered my seats directly from Corbeau but everything else from GSM. Top, top guys.

17. lild-200cup

lild-200cup Gold Member

uckfield, east sussex
    Storm grey ff Clio 200