Connecting phone using the AUX???

I have a HTC Desire mobile that I listen to Spotify on, I would like to connect my phone to the car stereo so I can listen to it on there. I've noticed the stereo has an 'aux' function.... can I use this to connect an aux-in to 3.5mm jack lead to? Dont care about any steering wheel functions just want my phone to play out of the speakers.

Oh, I have a new 200Cup with the boggo stereo.

Thanks

You can get leads for this on eBay. They plug into the aux in the back of the head unit and you can thread the lead into the glove box.

Yes, this is what I've got and only took 5 minutes to fit. Even less if you have child sized fingers, which unfortunately I don't! Lol! The cable has a connector block on which slides in together with the connector block for the steering wheel controls. I fed the cable up through the glove box light cut out and the cable lives in there.

I bought my cable a while ago from ebay for my old Clio, but I'm sure there will be more on there all the time.

Oh BTW, as long as the stereo has written on the front of it 'UPDATE LIST'.

Yes, this is what I've got and only took 5 minutes to fit. Even less if you have child sized fingers, which unfortunately I don't! Lol! The cable has a connector block on which slides in together with the connector block for the steering wheel controls. I fed the cable up through the glove box light cut out and the cable lives in there.

I bought my cable a while ago from ebay for my old Clio, but I'm sure there will be more on there all the time.

Great!
Would you mind posting a link to the cable I need?

I assume its got a small connection block on the end?

How is the volume on yours? It is lower or higher than the radio?

Sorry for all the questions. Cheers

Oh BTW, as long as the stereo has written on the front of it 'UPDATE LIST'.

Do you mean on the facia panel of the radio? No 'UPDATE LIST' on mine... care to explain?

I think this is the same as the one I've got. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POD-MP3-LEAD-...tem&pt=UK_CE_MP3Access_RL&hash=item2308f4e6c6

This listing explains, but basically the head unit should have 'EXPERT' and 'UPDATE LIST' written on the front. If you press and hold the 'EXPERT' button, you can select the AUX as an option in the Source List. Does this make any sense? Lol! As for the Volume, it's the same as the Radio, but not the CD. Hope this helps.

Bazza & Luke - I have the same stereo as you two, the main part is under the drivers seat. If you just want an aux-in, you need to run a cable from under the drivers seat, along the bottom of the door opening, and under the dash to the glove box.

When you pull out the stereo, you will see five plugs, the largest is a red one, which is largely unpopulated. If you slide the cover off, the four pins you want are diagonally opposite to the populated pins. Starting from the end, the pins go;

Left
Ground
Right
Ground

I used the pins from a PC internal CD audio lead to go in the plug.

I fitted a Parrot MKi9200 bluetooth and aux kit to mine, it is great and provides a range of inputs (iPod, USB, headphone jack).

There are more instructions on http://www.instructables.com/id/Aux...a-Cabasse-Auditorium-6C/step6/Wire-it-all-up/

I registered to get the info, but if there is anything you want to know from it, just shout.

Good luck!

Last edited: