connect i phone

hiya,is there any way i can connect i phone to renault head unit and charge i phone as well as listen to songs?

Yep.
FM modulator.
Wired direct into headunit so don't get interference like with an fm transmiter.
I have one in mine, use it with iPod and iPhone. Cost £100 fitted from an audio place.

Got mine bought and fitted at a place called "technicar" in Sheffield.

I got iPod adapter that goes into cd changer port on head unit. Does what you need! Was £70 on eBay. Search for iPod adapter for Renault Clio and you should find it! Do it yourself easy enough. iPhone tells you it won't charge battery but it does! Must be because the adapter isn't official!

iPhone needs a passporte adapter I thought. My new iPod won't charge unless you have this as it needs a USB feed not a power supply feed I think. 5v iirc?

The connects2 one does the job, but I think you need n extra adapter for it to charge the i phone (extra £20). They have a matrix thing on their website which gives you the low down on what ipod needs what thingymabob..

doesnt display track names on the display tho which is a bit rubbish

Yep.
FM modulator.
Wired direct into headunit so don't get interference like with an fm transmiter.
I have one in mine, use it with iPod and iPhone. Cost £100 fitted from an audio place.

excellent been looking for a product like this to fit ny headunit as the renault ones dont fit my head unit

iPhone needs a passporte adapter I thought. My new iPod won't charge unless you have this as it needs a USB feed not a power supply feed I think. 5v iirc?

My adapter runs from the cd changer port and into a box of tricks before going to the iPod or iPhone. It charges up even though it says it won't!!

....here it is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Connects2-ARN...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item3ef9297a16

I bought one of these (or at least it very similar) a year ago for my iPod Classic and it works great, you can control it from your steering wheel etc. So I bought an iPhone a couple of weeks ago and tried it on this cable....it works, and you can control the iPod application throught the steering wheel; and it will charge the phone (quite slowly). The link suggests that the iPhone isn't compatible. The iPhone puts up a message saying that the device is not designed for an iPhone and wont charge etc.....but it does work!

got a connet 2 for lisa's 206 and they do work great.
shame i cant have one for the cabbasse system. :worried:

You got a link and price.?

Tbh the modulator I have fitted works fine though. Just can't skip the tracks from the steering wheel controls, which is no big hastle.

You got a link and price.?

Tbh the modulator I have fitted works fine though. Just can't skip the tracks from the steering wheel controls, which is no big hastle.