clutch on way out??

today i was giving the old girl some beans and when the car was hot and i changed gear i got what i can only describe as a worn thrust bearing sound.

This only happens when i change gear and the car/gearbox is hot. I have had a replacement box in a couple of months ago and they wouldn't change the clutch.

do you guys think it needs replacing?

Why wouldn't they change the clutch? Seem silly to have the 'box out and not replace it!

Personally I would have paid the extra to get them to do it, it's another gearbox out job to change the clutch now.

Why wouldn't they change the clutch? Seem silly to have the 'box out and not replace it!

Personally I would have paid the extra to get them to do it, it's another gearbox out job to change the clutch now.

unless its faulty via warranty issue it is up to the owner to bare its cost of replacement as its usually classed as wear and tear on clutches....

if the box is out its false economy not to change the clutch assembly...

They said it was fine and no point changing it, I asked for the cost to replace the clutch and I got the price but they had completed the box change

They said it was fine and no point changing it, I asked for the cost to replace the clutch and I got the price but they had completed the box change

did they really......by the sounds of it your going to have to pay to have the clutch done......i wont say any more!!!!:thumbdown:

nope they just put the box in and brake/clutch fluid.

Bummer aghh well, looks like it will need to be done along with the cam belt etc

better start pimping out the misses!

Update...

after changing the clutch to a Helix clutch kit and new release bearing, change of gearbox flud at a grand total of £1050..... the problem is still there...

The owner of the garage has told me he has test driven it and states its the 1st motion shaft in the box that's noisy.

so i have booked the car back in at Renault for them to diagnose the issue and i have stated that the problem is still there after the above changes.

Looks like box no 3 for me!

I borrow this old topic.

I have same type problem. Clutch and gearbox works perfectly in every other way. No any odd sounds.
But when i accelerate lets say first or second gear almost limiter, then i press clutch down.. -> whrrrrrrrrr sound.
Release bearing.. or someting else? I try to take video tomorrow. I have to figure out how i do it because i dont have 3 hands.

Last edited: