Clio's can't be made that badly....

Ouch! We were smashed into in Emma's old MK3 at 50mph head on. Both of us walked away with minor injuries.

thats the mk2 the mk3 would have just flattend the post and kept on going!!!

"what speed were you doing young man"? "ermmm about 28mph officer" :rofl:

People on CS said that there was a fatal accident at that exact plave 5 years ago, theres even flowers sitting by the tree!

Looking at it sensibly (strange for me), it seems like he's hit the lampost side on.

I'd say he's then span up and around the lampost from left-to-right on the photo, and only stopped because the railing killed the momentum...

its on a down hill section of 40mph - the bus lane ends just before the impact and the normal traffic switch lanes - its a left/right

under normal circumstances it isnt an issue...

article-2256104-16B955E6000005DC-962_634x435.jpg

Not saying this is the cause but why is there a steel wheel on the back/alloy on the front?

Some people can't afford to run these cars and scrimping on tyres is a big no no.

Or fitting the original spare thats like 10 years old, recipe for disaster.

10 out of 10 for effort though.

I've crashed a clio mk2 just like this one into a wall when I was 18 and surprisingly - only the chasey bent and the drivers front end was heavily smashed. other than that it was fine. it drove away. it was even sold. No air Bags deployed and at 45mph, my friends and I escaped in harmed just a little neck ache. That crash taught me a lesson! But the clios can take a beating, or so it appears!

Scarey though!!!

We know its not a sport, but renault in general do appear to build safe cars (crash resistant to some degree).

I know a person who rolled his 4-5 times in the Yorkshire dales, mk2 ph1 non sport, and survived - bruises at most.