Clio RS 200 xenon conversion.

I am looking at changing my standard 200 headlamps to projectors and then fitting a HID kit. Its the only thing that i wish you could have as an upgrade, i miss my 172 xenons! Has anyone else looked into this? Any help would be great.

Cheers Steve,

Nice pics, it really does look awesome with the projectors. (Need to get an RS badge too :smiley: ) Please could you let me know the parts you bought and where from? part number etc, especially for the projector units.

Cheers,
Andy

I got them from Renault directly, painfully expensive tho. £356 for the pair. You can however order them here and I recon they will be cheaper...

http://www.allpartssouthwest.com/html/renault.html

You need the MK4 lights, sorry I don't have the part number but there are three types of lights and you need the ones with cornering lights and H1 bulb for the main beam.

Get the best Xenon HID's you can afford. 6k is the best and it'll look like Wembley stadium flood lit at night! Honesty you can see way way ahead with a good HID kit and projectors :smile:

Thanks Steve, im about to look at them now. I was expecting that sort of price anyway, my xenons for my 172 were about £600 off the line i think and they were well worth the money. Cant wait to upgrade them now!

Cheers,
Andy

Im also real interested in this so if you do follow it through andy can you keep a note of the part numbers and cost :smiley:

Cheers

Paul

Can deffo be done with 197 and the lamps are available from the link above,however they don't list projector lamps for the 200 on their online shop. has anyone phoned them to see if the supply 200 projectors?

200 projector lights

When you buy a new 200 from Renault, if you tick the cornering light option which I think is £156.00 you get projector lights

ive got cornering lights and i dont have projectors. also i emailed the guys from the link above and the said the projectors should fit the 200 as they are the same shape and offered 2 weeks to try and if not satisfied can return as long as they are still in the same condition.

...I may be wrong, but isn't it a requirement that proper Xenon HID lights have to be fitted with washer jets? Will there be an issue come MOT time if you retro fit? Don't know if a 197 with factory fit xenons would have them....cars I've had previously with xenon HID factory fit (Lupo GTi, Astra GSi) had washers.....??

The MoT is a test of roadworthiness, not conformity. So long as the lights give the right pattern, they should pass.

Only the police, or possibly VOSA can get you into trouble regarding conformity. For example, if you have a car with wheels that protrude beyond the bodywork, it can still pass an MoT, aside from a possibly advisory, there is little the MoT tester can do about it. He can't fail you unless there is a specific mechanical fault. The police on the other hand can pull you over and serve a notice to get it fixed (which bizarrely probably has to be stamped by an MoT station!).

ive got cornering lights and i dont have projectors. also i emailed the guys from the link above and the said the projectors should fit the 200 as they are the same shape and offered 2 weeks to try and if not satisfied can return as long as they are still in the same condition.

I'm confused, the lights for the 197 and 200 are totaly diff??

Projectors/xenon weren't even on the option list when we ordered our 200 cup :thumb1:

197 lamps are totally different to 200 lamps. We are going to go for HID in the stock lamps as not keen on the black bezel