Clio Renaultsport 200 Raider

The Raider limited edition

Will this car hold its money like the RS500 did when Ford released it last year, or will it be just another special edition? Im thinking of ordering one as a weekend car, but as i wouldnt be using it a lot and not at all in the winter, it would have to be pretty depreciation proof.

Probably not much more than the other special 200s, so the Gordini. Have a look at the values for them, they're getting older now, so will be easier to gauge how much the others might be worth.

The only things I will say is that the longer you keep it, the more money you will keep on it. Most new cars are worth 4k less the day after you drive it off the forecourt, but if you keep it 3 years it's likely to be worth ~50% of it's original value.

Its a Renault and only bonkers Renaults like the spider, R26.r and V6 hold their value.

This is just a matt painted 200.

Its nice enough but not to be used to combat depreciation. Buy an R26.r if you want that.

I like it, but as an investment? Hmmm, not sure. As Phil said, R26.r or V6. If it's a special weekend car, I'd have a R26.r. And yes i'm looking for one

get a regular 200, and get it vinyl wrapped matt any colour you like!

Maybe matt orange, a little like this M3 GTS:

237-vi.jpg

IMO it will be like any other Clio, by the time its a year old it will be worth about 12k

I might be proved wrong and they might hold their price but not something I would like to test or find out...

You can get a second hand 370z for around the price they are flogging the Clio for.

But 370z's aren't all that. A lot argue the 350 is better. Also the second hand debate is almost a none one as you can get loads of 'better' stuff for the price of a raider. Exige S, V8 M3, but people want new for warranty, only owner etc.

Renault are killing the 200 second hand values with all these 'special ' models. The more specials the least special the specials will be.....if that makes any sense.

They're in showrooms now. There's one in Middlesborough I know about, surely southern dealerships would've got in there before the poor northerners?