Clio Renault Sport 197 Performance Mods

no theres plenty of drains...water doesnt collect there, welll,,,,,we'll see in 15years if the mk3's are rotting there then!

Lol my nice new shiny top mount bolts lasted the whole of a week before they were rustier than a 20 year old mild steel exhaust.

Finally I found SuperSprint retailer and it's located near my home in Finland:lol::lol:

Today I visited there and they said of course we have those SuperSprint exhaust system for your Clio :lol:

But when I heard the price of the system, my face look something like this :mellow:

http://www.supersprint.com/USP00rencli23.asp

Rear exhaust cod: 873804 : 659 euro
Endpipe kit cod: 873814 : 259 euro
Centre exhaust cod: 873803 : Seller didn't say exact price but was claiming that it would something like 450 euro

And when just before I leave of the shop I remeber to ask "Do you know any place near Helsinki who would remap my Clio" and seller said that "I'm not sure but go to Autoextra, maybe they would remap your Clio"

So I did go to Autoextra and discovered that they actually would remap my Clio for 495 euro :smile:

Autoextra claim that remap would give me 12bhp and 22nw, hard to believe it but they said that same remap have been done in Germany and it have been tested and it actually give that promised gains.:thumbup1:

So whole performance mods for Clio would cost me 1963 euro (1 730 pounds) and I was wondering would this be too much for getting about 15-20bhp more to Clio?:thumbup1:

Sorry to say it..... Although tuning/ messing around with cars is fun. Unless you get a car with a turbo, your not going to get much for your money. If you go do the cams route, be prepared! I've had them in previous cars, they drink fuel (which didn't bother me), don't like the cold, or starting.

And from what people say on here, the standard air box with panel filter, is much more effective than an induction kit. I'm moving to a R27, as I had a fiesta st, which was n/a with cams exhaust etc, and it was a pain to live with. Bloody quick, but not worth the hassle.

If I was you, I'd get a cat back (for sound) as it won't give much more than 1bhp, panel filter, and decat/sports cat. Renault seem to have this little beaut set up fairly well.

Hope this helps.

mikey when u say cams are a pain is it cus they are hard to get set up correctly?

I have no idea!...well not much...

1st off... do ur ecu so it is not programemed for E.U. economy!

The in & outs are ballanced perfectly... not worth f**king them up with ' i know better, gimmy ur money' unless you go the whole hog!

And I was wondering differences

between fastchip.nl RSTuner(199 euro's):huh:
http://www.fastchip.nl/Programming-Equipment/Renault-RSTuner-kit/Detailed-product-flyer.html

and k-tec RSTuning (609 euro's):scared:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2677&appid=3

The price gap is 400e. Which one would you choose?:001_wub:

Does not really matter which one... both are a generic map! You send your map to them and they tweak it, but it will not give best performance. All it will do is increase the fuel used across the board. It will give some increase but not as much as if you went to a Rolling Road and get a setup for your car.