Clio Renault Sport 197 Performance Mods

Hello to everyone

This is my first post in clio197 so be gentle with me

So I have owned Clio 197 bit over year now and I would like to have bit more power (like we all do )

So the basic question would be that what can I do to improve Clio bhp output ? I have done some research already, like ITG panel filter for k-tec and some cat-back exhaust system but I was wondering what would be best solution for me? Trying to find exhaust that don't blow my ears off and still could produce some real bhp:s (I hope you guys understand what I trying to find )

I was thinking going with Milltek but those tailpipes look so awful Someone said that Milltek could also be ordered with orginal slash cut look?

Another cat-back system could be KTR Pro Performance Clio 197 Cat Back?

And because sometimes I'm bit difficult I have to ask this question too. have someone heard this cat-back?

http://www.supersprint.com/ISP00rencli23.asp

So basically I start from ITG then some cat-back and finally remap my ecu? Would this be the best solution or are there better solutions (I would like to hear those if there are any?)

btw. sorry for my English writing skill, like you already probably noticed this isn't my mother language.

PS. I do live in Finland so I can't really come to UK to get my Clio remapped Does that RSTuning for fastchip really work?

PS.
I was posting this same thread to cliosport.net and one guy advised to come here to ask same questions because people should know better here?

just read my signature thats what you need to do to get performance mate

I would love to have those performance mods but you should know that I'm student and I probably don't have that much of loose money :smiley:

So basic question is that where should I start?:scared:

ITG panel filter? then cat-back system? (I don't want de-cat because I love my ears too much) and then re-map? But like I said earlier I do live in Finland and we don't have enough knowledge here how to remap clio proper way?:worried:

So I was wondering, again, that would that RSTuner solve my remap problem? Is it any good?:blink:

if you're going down the filter, exhaust and cams route...remap it after you have the cams fitted. Should tie everything together nicely.

Although personally, I wouldn't bother if you don't have the money. IMO, the gains aren't worth being skint!

ITG panel filter
Ktec pro performance exhaust and sport cat.(I've got miltek and decat but don't get much gains)

But do I truly need those cams before I can expect some real gains? If I'm going only with filter, ktr pro cat-back and Rs tuner I won't notice the difference between standard and bit tuned Clio? :blush:

How much are those cams? Something like 1000e? Because I was calculating that if cat-back+filter would be something like 55e + 515e + RStuner 200e.
I can live with this invest but I don't want to buy those parts if there aren't any kind of gains...:worried:

cat back, panel filter and re-map mate had mine done today!!! awesome is the word. well worth the money in my eyes :smile:

But do I truly need those cams before I can expect some real gains? If I'm going only with filter, ktr pro cat-back and Rs tuner I won't notice the difference between standard and bit tuned Clio? :blush:

How much are those cams? Something like 1000e? Because I was calculating that if cat-back+filter would be something like 55e + 515e + RStuner 200e.
I can live with this invest but I don't want to buy those parts if there aren't any kind of gains...:worried:

you won't get big increases in peak figures from those mods mentioned but a good map will iron out any kinks in the torque curve so should improve drivability. Whether if it's worth it or not is your opinion.

If I were you i would do the following thing:

1. SS exhaust with the sport cat
2. Clio V6/R3 airbox with the Green or KTR panel filter
3. Remap

And that's it.

You should have ~15bhp more and a totally different car - much faster and responsive than before.

But, take a few things in your mind - SS exhausts are far most expensive on the market. To fit the R3 airbox you need to reallocate your battery.

3. Remap

And that's it.

You should have ~15bhp more and a totally different car - much faster and responsive than before.

But, take a few things in your mind - SS exhausts are far most expensive on the market. To fit the R3 airbox you need to reallocate your battery.

Dount you'll see 15BHP from that based on my findings!

3. Remap

And that's it.

Okey, but first thing first. Where I can buy that supersprint exhaust and sport cat? I haven't find retailer for that?

What would be the price for the Clio v6 air box? And where I can buy that? From Renault retailer?

And about that remap, because I live in Finland and like I mentioned earlier there truly aren't any good Renault remap place, so only option is order rstuner from fastchip or rstuning from k-tec so I which would be better?

You can get the V6 airbox conversion kit with a smaller battery from K-Tec and they can install and map your car with this kit.

There is also a complete new induction system that's been developed by a manufacturer in Spain. Everything up to the throttle body is replaced so potentially would be a good alternative to the V6 airbox option.

K-Tec are testing this unit at the moment and if it's any good I'll be getting it for my 200.

Have someone used Supersprint exhaust on their clio's? I would like here few thing's about it :tongue_smilie:

Do you guys have any information about where you can actually find a retailer who would sell Supersprint? I did find one retailer in finland but he haven't respond yet. So, I would be more than glad to where those god damn retailers are hiding:@!

Wouldnt bother with cams if your on a budget, only a small gain to be had from there and the powerband is shifted even higher.

I should have the results from having cams, decatted yozza exhaust and a map in a couple of weeks if all goes to plan. The biggest issue with having cams done appears to be the labour cost (if your mechanically incompetent like myself). Although it has the benefit of being a good opportunity to change both belts.

From what other people have said, spending several hundred pounds changing the airbox setup seems to be wasted money. Unless your going to go the whole hog ala kev.