Clio or megane R26 F1

Not cheap and still for sale. Just coz that's the asking price doesn't mean it's worth that price.

of course - theres one if it was closer i would go look at but its to far away - red r26 with a lot spent on the engine and quality wheels/tyres and low miles etc

of course - theres one if it was closer i would go look at but its to far away - red r26 with a lot spent on the engine and quality wheels/tyres and low miles etc

I go through phases myself looking at them and thinking, "should I".

I manage to talk myself out of the idea as I want to Meg the 200. There are some very nice ones out there. But similarly, there's a few dogs also.

My car is in outstanding condition. It has the Black gloss pack and has a carbon bonnet. It looks outstanding when its clean and gets a lot of attention. Give me the Clio anyday though, the driver experience for me is just beyond belief!

I am in the same boat I have a 182 at the moment and wanted a r26 ly or another clio..I have now driven both and they feel no different! The turbo is hardly noticeable! And personally I do think they look old now! I raced my friends r26 around town in my 182 and around town I kept in front every corner and turn! We came to a duely where he passed me about end of 3rd gear! There's not a lot in them standard the clio dose a good job! The 200 would be even better at keeping up! There's only 24 bhp diff! I think 200 all the way!

I go through phases myself looking at them and thinking, "should I".

I manage to talk myself out of the idea as I want to Meg the 200. There are some very nice ones out there. But similarly, there's a few dogs also.

oh same as me!!!!!! (just need to sort family issues out and start work again then see)

Hi!
I currently own 200 Cup, and have been driven in R26 (+300 HP + other mods on suspension and exhaust) on track. Clio is much much harmonious and nice. There is no single part of clio that I dislike. On the other hand I cannot look at megane R26 rear end. Recaros in R26 are great so is the power output and driveability. I like handling, agility and power that clio delivers. Grumpy street bandit..

Apples and Pears to compare. Also soooo subjective in regard to whats 'better'. If you ask the question on Megansport, and I'm sure you'd get a different response. If I’m pushed to compare, the major thing that I struggled with was how the Megane looks. The styling has dated where the Clio hasn't in the same way. The handling wasn't that different, especially the R26 but the car felt more grown up. The Meg is a far better all-rounder, and also more 'tuneable' for less money. The Clio is too focused for some and a hard car to live daily, in a one car garage IMO. Once you need to consider travelling with 'others', I find myself having to be apologetic or at times a little embarrassed…..
Also without being too controversial and discussed at many times, the lack of torque kills the Clio. You have to drive it like you stole it, and (I guess outside of the track) that is not conducive at times with how I like to drive, given my car like most ‘never’ seen a track.
No denying though, on the track (so I’m told), the momentum you can take around the track is something else…….

Apples and Pears to compare. Also soooo subjective in regard to whats 'better'. If you ask the question on Megansport, and I'm sure you'd get a different response. If I’m pushed to compare, the major thing that I struggled with was how the Megane looks. The styling has dated where the Clio hasn't in the same way. The handling wasn't that different, especially the R26 but the car felt more grown up. The Meg is a far better all-rounder, and also more 'tuneable' for less money. The Clio is too focused for some and a hard car to live daily, in a one car garage IMO. Once you need to consider travelling with 'others', I find myself having to be apologetic or at times a little embarrassed…..
Also without being too controversial and discussed at many times, the lack of torque kills the Clio. You have to drive it like you stole it, and (I guess outside of the track) that is not conducive at times with how I like to drive, given my car like most ‘never’ seen a track.
No denying though, on the track (so I’m told), the momentum you can take around the track is something else…….

I normally offer my passengers an alternative: get out and walk. They tend not to whinge after that :foxspeed:

I normally offer my passengers an alternative: get out and walk. They tend not to whinge after that :foxspeed:

Not quite the same when your travelling from meeting with your elderly admin worker!!!! Nearly lost her false teeth at one point.....

right i think im going to go with a clio in pearl whit ova the meg if im honist , im only 5 foot and think the meg will be to big for just me and the misses, the becoming a tad dated as well plus a few other things

Not in my eyes, stunning cars, prefer the looks of the clio over the meg tho.

Agreed, in most colours, the Meg still looks good, but the interior is dating faster!

I've been looking at the RS Meg TD as a daily mind you! :poke:

Hard to find one with decent mileage though.

Agreed, in most colours, the Meg still looks good, but the interior is dating faster!.

Thats depends if you go for a lux pack meg with the full leather interior, plus the meg doesnt come with the annoying orange dash lighting...

So my two options. Keep an eye out for a mint meg 230 in whote or clio 200 with a meg conversion or a ktec supercharger