Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

One more bad workmanship fail, now fixed.On track,Anglesey, lost antifreeze.Coolant from turbo, was pumping out, as internal plastic join, that some.............( Apply name as appropriate!.) had bodged.Plastic pipe was clamped with Jubilee clips, which has crushed, and then after a time, snapped.. Pipe had 2 more joins in it. Poor Josh, who came for a look, ended up helping out, and together with the bits, and help from others, was fixed, with one join, instead of 3, and no plastic!.

My god that workmanship on that car!

Very lucky to have sorted it out at the track, it seems that the car is now in very good hands.

You must be nearly there with all the problems with this car now? Lucky to be able to fix it and get back out on track though!

Engine runs/ticks over like a sewing machine, going better than ever, no overheating, everything sorted now, so already for Spa 17th July. Lost the back end at Anglesey, turns out someone had dropped their oil, and I was the first one on the scene at 130mph, but of course, my driving skills prevailed, or was it my lucky day?!.With a car like this, you need to be on top of any problems.

Leave Thurso 4am Sun 15th July, arrive Ashford around 5pm.( Including 3/4 stops for fuel.) Monday drive to Spa, Tuesday, track day. Wednesday from Spa to Thurso(1100miles?.) so around 2400 miles in 4 days.Phew!.I think I am getting too old for all this.( Don't tell anyone, but car is running very well.)

I have a GoPro, and another Camera, and even though I probably have done 15 or so track days,IMG_2118.JPG IMG_2116.JPG IMG_2118.JPG I haven't remembered to ever turn them on!.( NO, its not an excuse!!.)Spa was wonderful, even better when it rained at 4pm. I poured down. I did a 40minute session, but came back in, after I aquaplaned 5 times, at different parts of the Circuit.Developed a scraping noise on the way back, and found this, but I still drove it the last 300 miles. On track,I didn't drive over the kerbs, honest I didn't. Now old, and stupid, but you got to die someday!.

Reactions: Sean197
Jesus! Any recourse from the manufacturer on that? Might be worth contacting them. Brave man driving 300 miles on that though!

I was shocked when I found this Sean, as I have never seen this in my 60 years of owning Cars/Bikes. Its actually a lot worse, as there are cracks all over the place.I have purchased a cheap set of Wheels/tyres to run around in, as I have new Alloys, with PS2 for the track.The A1 was shut, took 3 hours to do 16 miles, total Journey time from Spa to Thurso......20 hours, with 4 fuel stops, and when I arrived home at 4.10am, it was light, so it will be around 40 hours before I am back in bed!. I should not be doing this at my age!!.

Reactions: Pav and Sean197
A good example of bad workmanship, rear inner brace bar had.....1 top bolt drivers side, no bottom bolt.( Due to bolt broken off in hole) Passenger side, top bolt had no fixing at all, and of course, there was no bottom bolt.I am still amazed at the things I am finding. Service history book, has written in it......Belts done.Would you rely on that?. Me neither, belts, water pump, will be done over winter. Car went very well at Spa, so yes, it is all worthwhile.

Reactions: Sean197