Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Just need to put fluids in but trust me, not plug and play. Every mod impacts on something else already done. Happy it's done though was can already see where it's going to make the changes. A most fit, just missing a bloody pipe for bottom of the rad. Will have to block it as only a secondary pipe that goes to header tank (I think?) lol

Well water temps have dropped by around 10 degs so seeing 75 normal driving. Car driving quicker at better engine temps. Aim is spirited driving shouldn't be over 90 even in the summer. This appears to be the best mod I've done since the conversion was done a few years ago.

Now reverse light to sort, centre exhaust tidying and harness eyelets need welding to chassis. Oh, map. Can't believe I've finally come this close to completing the project.

Fair play after such a long time coming to completion, hope it works out well for you! When first reading about Meg conversions it's easy to believe they are expensive but close to "plug and play".... clearly not the case! Well done to you though, looking forward to your next project (if it's still megging/manualing a 200t)!!

Excellent stuff mate! was it a pain to fit? Any modifications to the radiator mountings?

With your skills and at eye for detail, I'm sure you'll sort it. As already said you have to drop the front of the frame by a bit. Not to hard tbh. Some issues with the pipe work to fit but made harder for me as the original pipe work was for Clio. I would consider relocating header tank too....

Fair play after such a long time coming to completion, hope it works out well for you! When first reading about Meg conversions it's easy to believe they are expensive but close to "plug and play".... clearly not the case! Well done to you though, looking forward to your next project (if it's still megging/manualing a 200t)!!

Tbh, my project days are well and truly over. I have adult children now so I'm thinking something 2 door for me and Mrs. Thinking Porsche Boxster or BMW Z4

Saw that on CS, think I prefer black... Keep the Clio aswell, after all the times with it and perfecting it, enjoy it!!

Good to see the rad has helped! That's why i started off with the megane rad, the clio unit is just so damn tiny!

I prefer the black vents!

Paul at RS Tuning ran his 250 with a hybrid and map to 350 no trouble iirc, as far as I was aware the engines are 'okay' for 400 but don't quote me on that.

excellent result

one thing with the rs monitor in the meagane - you could select temperatures - was always interesting having intake and coolant temps along with oil temp when needed
and seeing what they were like at different times

excellent result

one thing with the rs monitor in the meagane - you could select temperatures - was always interesting having intake and coolant temps along with oil temp when needed
and seeing what they were like at different times

Cheers. It's interesting as I'm not surprised a few conversions have had issues on the track, the dash might say half but scan gauge says 110+ deg. Rad conversion is a must and a priority if you've not done it.