Clio 4 Rs - Mapping!

i was hoping this would be the case. like you said before i think the problems will come when 250lbft goes through the gearbox in one shot (launch conrol) instead of modulating that kind of torque when the car is actually moving

Il certainly be looking into this once i have ran the car in on its standard shoes

i was hoping this would be the case. like you said before i think the problems will come when 250lbft goes through the gearbox in one shot (launch conrol) instead of modulating that kind of torque when the car is actually moving

Il certainly be looking into this once i have ran the car in on its standard shoes

The boost controller i run in mine can offer boost per gear and change the ramp up rate of boost, maybe you could drop the boost down a bit in first gear..

it would be great if that could be part of the map.

mind you id much prefer to have the rolling mid range than a lower 0-60 time

I have a mate who's a transmissions engineer at land rover.

He says the torque from the engine is limited in the lower gears to stop the gearbox from exploding!

He reckons the concern is when companies like overfinch boost the power and torque to a point that exceeds the limits of the box, but how often do you hear of these problems?

I know all components will have limiting factors. But as will all New things it will take one brave sole to try it to see how much power and torque it will take before it blows up

As I said before I'd much rather have a nice smooth power delivery in the mid range in 2nd 3rd and 4th rather than sending 250lbft of torque though the edc box at once

May start off with some coilovers and propbably the alcon big brakes when they are available

Once im happy there i may look into some more power

Just a shame that Akrapovic arent doing a system for it :worried:

Did i say coilovers? I mean just springs

i want to keep my 'trick' hydraulic bump compression dampers

they are stuff of rally cars :tongueout:

Renault are looking at using a passenger car EDC gearbox in something a little bigger than a car with at 260Nm minimum and up to 320Nm in it's maximum output configuration, but that's not until 2017. An engineer in France I just spoke to this morning says he thinks the EDC can cope with more than 250Nm.

Will be an epic win if it can cause I think the engine is good for 280+bhp

Just caught up with this thread, interesting.

All I can say is that the gearbox in the Clio 4 RS uses the 250 Getrag lump and whilst that in its standard state has around a 206ish flbt torque limit, Renault have confirmed they have made adjustments to the gearbox for the RS, how much is anyones guess at the moment, however I'm sure it will allow a higher torque capacity. This I'm sure KTEC have managed to exploit and will soon no doubt be releasing their figures as to the actuals they have achieved. The scary thing here is at torque levels of 240 flbt+ and 230bhp, I reckon this car will easily achieve a 0-60 time of 5.5 :thumbsup:

I think anything sub 6.0 seconds to 60 will be impressive. Power is all well and good but it means nothing without control

Hense why I'm getting the grip and handling sorted 1st them I may dial in a bit more power

So I've been researching DCT gearboxes this week for some upcoming work and the DC4 gearbox in the Clio 4 is limited by its use of dry clutches.

Higher torque output usage generally means that a wet clutch pack is used in the DCT to reduce the possibility of overheating.

It's likely that a higher output through this transmission will overheat the clutches. The next gearbox up the range from Getrag uses nested wet clutches and because of this, is rated at up to 450Nm.