Clio 4 RS - 244bhp & 320nm!!!!

Craigyt,

All I know is that it is running 2-3psi less boost than the Fiesta ST and still manages to achieve 244 bhp. I've asked the question of the tech guy at SC although not sure if he's back in until after Christmas, I'll post up his response as soon as I have it mate.

Oh, and no boost gauge although believe the RS monitor, which I don't have, shows all that stuff and there's rumours that that can be retrofitted,...

Ashton, that's a shame although I have been told things like this couldn't be done by other car makers only to find that after a year of launch they can through third party sources. Not too worried as there are other devices that can be fitted that'll give you the same sort of data. I think for the time being, I'll just enjoy the power and wait to see what's developed. Cheers for the heads up on RUK.

Gutted the RS monitor can't be retrofitted - at least not at a huge expense. Didn't fancy waiting loads longer than I already had to when ordering the car though :/ any 0-60 acceleration videos Telboy? Would be keen to see how much difference the remap makes

The performance numbers certainly look impressive but I was really surprised that the Clio only achieved its peak torque after 3000rpm - Renault claims that 240 Nm should be available right from the 1750 rpm. It is a big difference, and, honestly, a worrying one. It might explain why my Clio EDC feels less punchy in lower revs which is a shame.

Edit: this is how the stock perf should look like:

power_torque_graph.jpg

Last edited:
Would be interested in hearing an update on this thread. Hows the car bearing up etc? Superchips have currently got a VAT free offer on their Bluefin devices at present.