Clio 200 FF with Cup Pack - is this a good deal?

Hi

I've been a member on Cliosport (under a different username) for a long time. I've been looking for a Clio 200 for a number of months, however I think I might have become too selective in trying to find my perfect spec and need to compromise in areas. I have recently come across a 2009 Clio 200 FF with Cup Pack and Recaros. Full service history with a folder of work undertaken and receipts. In addition, timing belt was replaced in December 2016. Recaros in reasonable condition. Car bodywork in good condition, alloys could do with a refurb. The owner is wanting £8,000. 53,000 miles on the clock.

I appreciate that 53,000 miles may not seem a lot of miles to many people, however previous used cars I have bought have been 35,000 or below.

On the face of it, would you say this is a good / relatively good price to pay?

Thanks very much in advance,

Lewis

Reactions: paul jennings
I'd say colour would be relevant here, if it's Alien Green or Liquid Yellow, with that spec I'd say that price was about right.

Any other colour and I'd personally say 7k was more of a fair price.

It's difficult because value is always subjective, and it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Thanks for the reply Dystant. After doing research on this forum, I was under that impression that the colour, be it the ones you've mentioned plus maybe Storm Grey, carry an extra premium.

This 200 is silver (unsure the exact Renault name), not nimbus though and has Speedlines in anthracite.

from where I stand I genuinely believe the asking price is a bit steep..there are a few on sale on here Lewis..check them out...
on the other hand the above mentioned has had lots of work done so may want to give them a call and see if they are willing to bring the price down a bit..

good luck with your search

Reactions: Dystant
To give you a perspective I just bought a clio 200 with cup pack 59 reg 50k mikes full Renault dealer service history £5.5k car is in mint condition lots of nice extras Doesn't have Recaros and is in Alibi blue.

Best of luck with your Search. Worth waiting for the right one.

Paul

Lewis - place a post in the Wanted section with your wish list, budget, and location so we can keep an eye out for you.

Reactions: Sean197
To give you a perspective I just bought a clio 200 with cup pack 59 reg 50k mikes full Renault dealer service history £5.5k car is in mint condition lots of nice extras Doesn't have Recaros and is in Alibi blue.

Best of luck with your Search. Worth waiting for the right one.

Paul

Your car would of been round the £7k mark if it had the recaro seats as they drive the price up .

Your car would of been round the £7k mark if it had the recaro seats as they drive the price up .

That's crazy! I must be in the minority then as I prefer the standard seats with the renaultsport logo on. Surprisingly they hold you Nicely in the seat too. I'd only want bucket seats in a car if it was a race car lol!

Paul

I'am only 5.7 and just over 11 stone so i fit in them pretty well but i could imagine them being a bit of a squeeze if you are big .

For me I'm 6ft 2' 15st and although I fit in them ok there just not my style. Plenty of vxr's running around with them and imo there just a little bit over the top for these cars. I can see there appeal if I was into track day cars I would consider them along with other suitable options to get the best setup for track car. No offence meant to anyone just my views

Paul

For me I'm 6ft 2' 15st and although I fit in them ok there just not my style. Plenty of vxr's running around with them and imo there just a little bit over the top for these cars. I can see there appeal if I was into track day cars I would consider them along with other suitable options to get the best setup for track car. No offence meant to anyone just my views

Paul

I love the recaro seats personally and don't like the standard seats at all but if we all like the same things the world would be pretty boring :smile:

IMG_3914.jpg

Totally agree that's the one of the reasons for modding is we all put a stamp on our own cars.but I'm glad mine didn't have the Recaros as I'd still be searching.

The pic above is of my TT fitted with the Quattro sport interior, the Recaro seats were as solid as they get and was so difficult getting out of them you almost fell out of the car.
But like the renaultsport Recaros they command a high price and I sold my TT interior for over 2k and replaced with the original OM seats. Maybe also a factor is my age ( 51 ) you want a few creature comforts lol!

Appoligies to the op for hijacking this thread. Last post here.

Paul

ICYMI, there's a technique to getting in and out of Recaros that makes ingress and exit quite easy. Push the seat all the way back, put your right hand on the door sill, push yourself up, and pivot over and out. Getting in, it's a case of back of legs to door sill, lower, right hand on the sill and pivot left into the seat. Doing it this way saves bolster wear, too. Yes, you have to bring the seat back and forwards, but that soon becomes habit.

Or you can have standard seats...:smile:

ICYMI, there's a technique to getting in and out of Recaros that makes ingress and exit quite easy. Push the seat all the way back, put your right hand on the door sill, push yourself up, and pivot over and out. Getting in, it's a case of back of legs to door sill, lower, right hand on the sill and pivot left into the seat. Doing it this way saves bolster wear, too. Yes, you have to bring the seat back and forwards, but that soon becomes habit.

Or you can have standard seats...:smile:

Or just buy seat covers :smile:

View attachment 16930

Totally agree that's the one of the reasons for modding is we all put a stamp on our own cars.but I'm glad mine didn't have the Recaros as I'd still be searching.

The pic above is of my TT fitted with the Quattro sport interior, the Recaro seats were as solid as they get and was so difficult getting out of them you almost fell out of the car.
But like the renaultsport Recaros they command a high price and I sold my TT interior for over 2k and replaced with the original OM seats. Maybe also a factor is my age ( 51 ) you want a few creature comforts lol!

Appoligies to the op for hijacking this thread. Last post here.

Paul

Always fancied a mk1 tt at some point but i guess finding a good one would be hard to find these days

I love the recaro seats personally and don't like the standard seats at all but if we all like the same things the world would be pretty boring :smile:

Me too, it's was really a big factor in getting a 197, I love the look and they are so comfortable for me too 5'11 and 11.5 stone, nice know that they knock the price up too :smile: