Clio 200 - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3464.JPG After cadwell and another morning running on the road tyre "wet option" they were on there last legs lol. They weren't brillaint after Oulton but Cadwell killed them
Off. So ordered 2 new fresh tyres which are now on.

Cars booked in next weekend for a full geo And ride height check make Sure it's 100%.

Then weekend after it's off too
Cadwell again, round 1 of UK TimeAttack. Probley be last outing for car and me so be a case of go hard or go home! I really want beat my time From last year , if can knock second off or more I'll be happy.

IMG_3503.JPG Started stickering it up tonight , going look so plain without any livery on :/

Did few jobs yesterday . Stripped cleaned brakes, bleed brakes and clutch. Also put some new drop links on.

IMG_3525.JPG

Very last minute. Everything has seemed to go wrong lately with plans etc but finally got car on a flat bed for a geo check before the weekend. Simon @ Chevron Motorsport Kindly offered to check it over. Only slight tweek and was back to its orrignal set up settings.

Reactions: peter
IMG_3551.JPG IMG_3606.JPG IMG_3547.JPG IMG_3571.JPG IMG_3575.JPG IMG_3607.JPG IMG_3541.JPG IMG_3541.JPG Cadwell update - TA round 1 2017 OHW

I did what I set Out too do, I beat my last years fastest time. Not bad considering was on year old worn rubber. Everyone else had new sets and sure could knocked more time off on a new set tyres easily.

During the test day I was doing about 1.48s so improved on the TimeAttack Event, think
A 1.47 may been quickest.

Soon as get go pro sorted I'll
Load some laps of the final. Go pro had gone flat when set fastest lap in quailfiying gutted :worried:

Struggled in class, some cars were a 300bhp Fiesta ST and a
Modified Mini JCW. Both been turbo and With only 200bhp I was majorly up against it. Only so much can do in the corners to crawl time back but hard Making up 100Bhp sadly for example.

Still good day and the buzz this Clio gives you pushing it around track is awesome :smiley:

Interested to know your full Geo set up on this mate when you get a minute, I need to take some time to read back through the whole thread and get some ideas and tips.

Just drop us a PM and I'll advice where I can.

Going off other Clios with simialir spec too mine. There is a local lad Too cadwell who lives they're doing trackdays , he's a full ards instructor and race car drive etc and he did Cadwell second quicker than me so can't really complain.

Would be good to know Cadwell better just shame its not more local.

View attachment 19030 View attachment 19029 View attachment 19028 View attachment 19027 View attachment 19025 View attachment 19026 View attachment 19024 View attachment 19024 Cadwell update - TA round 1 2017 OHW

I did what I set Out too do, I beat my last years fastest time. Not bad considering was on year old worn rubber. Everyone else had new sets and sure could knocked more time off on a new set tyres easily.

During the test day I was doing about 1.48s so improved on the TimeAttack Event, think
A 1.47 may been quickest.

Soon as get go pro sorted I'll
Load some laps of the final. Go pro had gone flat when set fastest lap in quailfiying gutted :worried:

Struggled in class, some cars were a 300bhp Fiesta ST and a
Modified Mini JCW. Both been turbo and With only 200bhp I was majorly up against it. Only so much can do in the corners to crawl time back but hard Making up 100Bhp sadly for example.

Still good day and the buzz this Clio gives you pushing it around track is awesome :smiley:

Either the cars very good then....or you are an exceptional driver to make up for the hp loss. Or perhaps a bit of both !!!

Well done on a faster lap though. Looking forward to the footage to prove it :smile: (Firmly tongue in cheek)

IMG_3610.PNG
Fastest time by TSL timing ...

Either the cars very good then....or you are an exceptional driver to make up for the hp loss. Or perhaps a bit of both !!!

Well done on a faster lap though. Looking forward to the footage to prove it :smile: (Firmly tongue in cheek)

I didn't make it up?? . That's why I said I struggled in class :/ .. when cars are 15mph or
More quicker in speed traps not much can do. The other cars where in the 1.43s.

Last edited:
Well the end has come :worried:

The Clio has sold and now is with its new owner.

It'll be missed, it's been a joy to own and too drive. Every time I got behind the wheel it put a massive grin on my face. It Punched well above her weight on any track situation and never let me down. She'll be missed dearly!

Just hope new owner has as much fun as I did

Status
Not open for further replies.