Clio 200/197 confusion

Hi guys,

Bit of an odd one here but i thought I'd check with people who probably know more,

My clio is an 09 plated 200 cup. It states on all insurance websites that it is a 197 though,

It has the 200 front end and rear diffuser, is it possible it was registered incorrectly?

Also with the manual aircon, this was an option on the cup cars? Any other ways of confirming that it is actually a cup? The suspension is rock hard if that confirms it!

Cheers

Chris

If it was produced before the end of April 2009 it's 197. Anything later should be a 200.

The front and the diffusor can be swapped between the two phases quite easily from what I get. The first one I actually wanted to buy was a 200 with the front of a 197.

First indication for a Cup are red calipers but it's not a 100% thing.

09 plates are registered between March 09 and September 09 so no reason to worry about it not being a 200. Aircon was an option, 200 cups have black door trims and cup springs have blue and orange markings on them iirc.

Bllack door trims? Where abouts is that?

Any idea why it is marked as a 197 then? Red calipers and the manual aircon so it is a cup,

Recaro sportsters actually, and it has the black trim as you can see in the photo

Cheers for clearing that up, its a spare clio ive got and have got it up for sale for pennies but wanted to make sure it was what it was before i sold it on!

Cheers again,

Attachments

• 20170914_161134.jpg
    20170914_161134.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37