Clio 197

Hi Guys. I'm new to this. I just a bought a clio sport 197 from a mate. I love the car and it's sporty feel but I noticed at low revs it's very weak. I live in Johannesburg, South Africa so the altitude level is high therefore naturally aspirated cars tend to be a bit sluggish. I wanted to know if there is anything I could do to up the power at low revs, without going the Turbo route. Would software make a difference? f6174e082083e3e955d4dd9cf591c9f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean197
A lightened Crankshaft pulley helps at low revs. So does a remap to get rid of the 2k rpm flatspot these have. Welcome bud :smile:

Reactions: stef934555
Not a lot you can do tbh, that's how they come, and how the cars natures are. Rev the shit out of them to get the power. Turbo is the only way your going to get low down power!

A lightened Crankshaft pulley helps at low revs. So does a remap to get rid of the 2k rpm flatspot these have. Welcome bud :smile:
Thank you. I think the remap idea is probably the best bet. Don't really want to mess around with crankshafts etc. Now to find someone to remap it in South Africa, this is GTI and ST country [emoji23]

Welcome aboard the forum !

Remap to suit your conditions would for sure get the best out of your car. Makes a huge difference over here; low-down in the revs to be fair........

Good luck and enjoy your car and your stay here :smile:

Welcome aboard. Everything's already been said so nothing to add.

Drive it like you stole it. These cars love being revved

Thank you. I think the remap idea is probably the best bet. Don't really want to mess around with crankshafts etc. Now to find someone to remap it in South Africa, this is GTI and ST country [emoji23]

I had to have the cambelt done anyway and got the pulley from Raptor on here. Made no difference to idle or the working of the car, just made it feel a bit livelier and rev better. Remap is a very good shout though, and something I have yet to get done.

Welcome to the forum bud!!

Good to see a fellow South African on here..

We should hit some quiet B roads around here, 197 Vs 200!

A few thing can be done..go.lightweight on some components and you should see some improvement...