Clio 197 Ultra Red 2007 from Finland. April, time to start driving.

They fit perfectly fine as mentioned above and im sure many others on here would confirm. Mine have been on months and months....no rattles, coming loose etc

Not much more i can say. Pay £60+ or try these :smile:

Below is the "fit of mine":

8_zpsdqmnuneb.jpg

IMG_5697%20-%20Copy_zpsuitekbad.jpg

Okay i have to try those, fitment seems to be spot on.

Here is little youtube video about my Clio197 electric preheaters. Today not so cold, only -2celsius. After 1h of pre-heating results are like this:

Take a look coolant value before cranking..
medium.png
I bought Castrol Oil & Filter from my local parts dealer. Service is already scheduled at my local Renault dealer.
small.jpg
Replaced all wiper blades with Valeo
small.jpg
Replaced front / rear amber indicator bulbs
small.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197 and Jimmy
Paint correction news

Some pictures from paint correction session. We did 12hours with my friend including 2 small breaks.
Whole paintwork was quite terrible state because of swirl marks. Previous owner said that he only 1 time put car in machine, but 10 years has left it marks..
Sills, bumpers and all other plastic parts are still untouched. Those are my next job to do.

Tools used:

Cutting:
Flex PE-14 250 Rotary polisher
Scholl concepts purple pad
Scholl concepts S3Gold compound

Finishing:
Flex PE-14 250 Rotary polisher
Scholl concepts orange pad
Scholl concepts S30+ Finishing compound

Final protection:
Finis-Kare 1000P sealant

Pics after first step (cutting)
full.jpg
My friend with flex
full.jpg
Not bad shine?
big.jpg
Rear brake light polished, no need for replacement. Look roof condition before correction. Awful.
big.jpg
full.jpg

More pictures when bumpers, sills mirrors etc are finished.

Beautiful paintwork after the correction! Really makes me want to get mine done even more now!

that roof looks awful! :openmouth:

Yep it was quite bad. I think previous owner was brushing snow off from dirty roof with some kind of floor brush.
Doors, tailgate and front wings were even worse. All now corrected and under swirl marks there were absolute mint paintwork.
I use foam lance, kränzle hot pressure washer and proper lamb wash mitt to avoid swirls in future.

Beautiful paintwork after the correction! Really makes me want to get mine done even more now!

Yep just do it, recommended :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Fantastic results. Paintwork looks absolutely glorious. Amazed at the state of the roof!

Bought some parts

Service is scheduled for next tuesday, i will replace air filter in same day. I have to use official renault service, because car has still body anti-corrosion warranty until 3/2019.
In other cars i change oils my self and do those kind of simple services. My local renault charges approx 90€ (80£) for service (i provide oil my self). Service includes oil change, pollen filter, some checks and anti-corrosion check. Maybe they provide clip diagnostic check for same money.

medium.jpg
Lemförder track rods
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Now outer track rods are new and alingment done. Unfortunately there is still problem with right inner track rod. I have to replace both inner track rods and do alingment again.. Currently i am waiting parts from UK. It passed mot, i am happy now and can drive one year until next check.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny 99
Weekly wash time.. and when i took look for wiper area i found out that drains were blocked.

Lot of that crap everywhere.
insert fish you have aquariummedium.jpg

All clean and drains open
medium.jpg

Clean
medium.jpg

big.jpg
Overall engine bay
medium.jpg

New front license plate and overall picture, i took it today. Not much snow, usually much more in this time of year.. Climate change?
medium.jpg

Last edited:
Wow those drain holes were well and truly blocked! Looks like you caught it before the water did any damage! The car is looking great, it's getting lots of care since you bought it :smile:

Wow those drain holes were well and truly blocked! Looks like you caught it before the water did any damage! The car is looking great, it's getting lots of care since you bought it :smile:

I like to keep cars in top condition, some work still left with clio. Look to do list in first page :smile:

Last edited:
By the way, that dashboard trim list which is located above glovebox is rattling. Is there any how-to how to remove that list without breaking anything?

Some parts arrived, most parts from UK.

Inner tie rods & spark plugs
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
New heated left mirror glass
medium.jpg
Touch up kit
medium.jpg
Front brake pin kit
medium.jpg
Cabin filter, not included in renault optimal service.
medium.jpg

Last edited:
Some parts arrived, most parts from UK.

Inner tie rods & spark plugs
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
New heated left mirror glass
medium.jpg
Touch up kit
medium.jpg
Front brake pin kit
medium.jpg
Cabin filter, not included in renault optimal service.
medium.jpg
Nice collection of goodies mate. Cars going to be spot on time you've finished

I replaced spark plugs and cabin filter today.
Old cabin filter, horrible:

big.jpg

Some fresh pictures from today., click for large pictures:
full.jpg
big.jpg
Some swirl marks in bumper, it is not yet polished.
big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: peter and Jimmy
That looks really nice Antti, the paintwork is stunning! Especially in contrast with the snow!

Oh my god that cabin filter is filthy! I should probably check mine :tearsofjoy:

Cars looking great!