Clio 197 Ultra Red 2007 from Finland. April, time to start driving.

Time to change winterbeater for Clio 200? We have 1 imported car for sale. It is in dealer, so swap possible..
Unfortunately no seat heaters, no engine pre-heaters..
Winter tyres are included. Cambelt has been done. Ultra red again :grin:
Mad price? 14000€..
Bmw value maybe 5000€.. so 9000eur money to swap.

https://www.nettiauto.com/en/renault/clio/9075396

Oil pan gasket replaced

Oil pan was cleaned with professional parts washer. Result is quite nice.
20171107_163511.jpg\big

20171107_163531.jpg\big

New gasket and oil pan ready for installation
20171107_163844.jpg\big

There was little problems because etorx8 socket fell to clutch housing in final torque phase. I had to remove oil pan again, take socket out and re-assemble it.
If you look picture, you can see there is open port from bolt area to clutch housing. It is possible to drop small 1/4" etorx socket there.. be careful.

20171107_163511+(1).jpg\big

Engine low mount is also in place now. Today if i am not too busy i will pour oil and try to start.
Couple of my mechanic friend said that it is okay to assemble it twice with same rubber gasket. We will see how it works.
20171107_192813.jpg\big

Last edited:
Some progress today.
Radiator support installed. Engine preheater cables ziptied in correct places.
Oil is now in the oil pan, and after 5 minutes running no leaks so far.
Tomorrow i will continue with bumper.

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Reactions: tombate911
What do you think , should i paint those rusty parts which are connected between car chassis / radiator support?
Next from freshly painted black parts to right.
I think it is impossible to remove those if weight is on subframe like it is now.
One option is to raise car with jack from jack points, remove axle stands under subframe and then bolts open.. hmm

Last edited:
Some progress
Tomorrow front brake bleeding, after that i can put stud tyres and drop it down from axle stands.

big.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Did some job today for my garage. Now about everything is where it should be.

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg
Most of my tools. Those buckets and stuff top are not mine.
big.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: suj and Big Ben
Brake bleeding completed, car is now ready for goverment check (mot in United Kingdom).
When we have dry weekend and nice weather i will take car for goverment check. I hope it will pass.

big.jpg

big.jpg

Clio is hiding under cover our horrible november weather..
+19 celsius and dry garage :smile:
big.jpg

Reactions: Flacsi
@sevenfourate
You once said that it would be interesting to hear how coating is working.

Today i washed my winterbeater, it was about all shades of grey , coated with salt and dirt.
I first took my de-tar lance, and sprayed de-tar foam for dry and dirty car. Then next step was bilt-hamber autofoam from different lance (yes, i have 2 foam lances).. Rinse with 60degree water, then i touched the door with my finger. Absolute no any dirt/ contaminant/ anything...!
I finished it with wash mitt & shampoo, and then dryed with autofinesse aqua deluxe.
I would say coating works as described, winter wash is really easy.
I just can remember how difficult it was with waxes previous years. After wash car doors were like sandpaper.

Result..

Sorry poor pic, not much daylight at 3 pm.. sun is down at 4 :worried:

big.jpg

Today was katsastus time (MOT check).. learn Finnish with Antti.

Okay, i was sure everything is fine simple to pass.
How wrong i was.

Rear brake difference 29%:
left 1.4KN and right 1.0KN so right caliber has to be replaced. Maybe i replace both, dunno yet.

Rear right wheel bearing loose
Those discs are genuine and only 3-4 years old. Quality.
Do you know, is it possible to replace only wheel bearing for rear disc. It is waste of money to buy pair of discs just to fix one bearing.

I took couple of photos before driving mot center 2km icy road. We had lovely -6 celsius today no salt in roads. It was fine to drive clio.. it feels so responsive compared to 4 cylinder e46..

20171122_145055.jpg\big

20171122_145150.jpg\big

20171122_145221.jpg\big

I have to think, bearing only is approx 20£. Discs are fine.
Maybe i try to change that bearing .. if that fails, i buy then new discs.

I found rear calipers and TRW rear discs including bearings from mister auto, lets see how it goes. I paid with paypal, so no problem if they dont send parts for me. Normal Clio197 owner day again...

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DS197 and Big Ben
Mister-auto sent me email yesterday and told they are unable to supply TRW rear discs..
Next option will be replacement bearing for that right brake disc.
I found bearing kit from Germany.
I will report here if bearing can be replaced. Bearing kit price was approx 20£.
If that project fails, then i have to buy rear discs from another dealer.

What i found from previous owner receipts:
Both rear discs were replaced 1/2016! So this right side rear bearing failed after 20 months. Unfortunately not original parts, warranty only 12months.

Something good news, rear calibers have scheduled delivery 30.11.

Last edited: