Clio 197 Ultra Red 2007 from Finland. April, time to start driving.

Nice one, but one question.. what is torque for those bolts? Or do i just look from my chart for 8.8 bolt, m6 or m8 i think..
I have to find intake manifold torque settings too..

Oh I thought I put it on my how to guide, I just looked for the bolt size chart, sorry I don't know them off the top of my head, someone on here should be able to give you that.

Good idea, maybe paintshop can spray 2k car lacquer over soda blasted manifold? I just have to be sure that lacquer does not turn yellow like some lacquers..

Heat-resistant lacquer certainly exists. I'm not sure the inlet gets truly hot enough to cause problems with a decent quality paint / lacquer.

Worth an ask...

Or if getting powercoated - get it hot zinc sprayed as the base layer before 'paint'. This will help stop heat transfer to the top layers. I.e.: Paint and lacquer. I learnt this the hard way...

Good luck.

Nothing special and new here, but there is something interesting coming in next week.
Car will be full machine corrected again, but this time.. it will be 2-3 day work. One of my friend is really good with flex rotary, in fact he is one of the best detailers i know there is in my country.
So clio will be in his garage some days. Lets see what is the result.
Car might be perfect in pictures, but when i look it in my garage there is still swirl marks and bad spots.
for example front bumper, side sills are full of scratches and there is some parts in roof where is still swirls. I hope it will be good.

Regular wash today
-Bilt-Hamber snow foam with lance + pro-kleen deiron fluid for wheels.
-Careful rinse with 60degree water & Kränzle
-Wash mitt & malco verryberry shampoo wash
-Rinse and drying with elite large towels.

20170825_155755.jpg\medium

20170825_155854.jpg\medium

20170825_170406.jpg\medium

Reactions: Jimmy
Looks stunning Antti.

Have you got somewhere indoors where you can wash car?
Looks like it in photos

Looks stunning Antti.

Have you got somewhere indoors where you can wash car?
Looks like it in photos

Yep
I can wash 24/7 365 when i want. It is old factory, heated. Before i had that garage i wash in my parents house, or in wintertime "do it your self wash place".. but we dont have it any more. It went out of business.
So if you dont have heated garage where you can wash, only option is machine wash and that ruins paintwork.

Reactions: Big Ben
I posted this for gallery topic, but i post it here too.

As many of you know clio was machine polished first time after i bought it January 2017.
It was hurry job (6 hours) not in that level what i really want. It was just to take most of the swirls away and give good clean lacquer surface for wax.

I have good equipment for machine correction, flex rotary + rupes lhr 15 mark2. Also too much compounds and pads. I have done this something like 5 years for my own cars.
Perfect paint correction takes lot of time.
I would say many days to do it in perfect level. In this time it took 5 days, 4 days for correction and 1 day for preparing and coating.

I have friend who is really good with flex rotary, and he does have a lot of patience. I have time but not so much patience for this level work. Also it is quite hard work and you have to be 100% fit to do it.
So there was time when we chat about my clio, and swirls and all kind of imperfections which car did have.
After long talking he said yes. I know this would be best thing in this autumn.
My clio was 5 days in his garage where all magic happens.

Correction (swirl removal)
Flex rotary polisher pe 14-250
Nanolex heavy cut & Scholl S3 compound for cutting
Scholl purple 5" pad + Nanolex cutting pad
Chemicalguys 4" orange cutting pad

Finishing (for maximum shine and hologram removal)
Scholl S30+ finishing compound
Chemicalguys quantum hex black 5" finishing pad

Before coating

Bio-solvant wash
Degrease

Okay, now for the interesting part. No wax on / wax off this time.
Because lacquer surface is now swirl free, i want to have hard ceramic coating (basically it is like extra lacquer layer which is really hard and slick).

Coatings used:
For normal paintwork : TFC ceramic coating.
For black plastics: Nanolex SI3D coating
Windscreen: Gyoen Q2ViEW

Here you have some photos. Just look for that gloss and how perfect black plastics are after coating. Diffusor is uncoated, i will do it in wintertime when i take it off.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg full.jpg

Last edited:
The bar has been raised another notch higher.

There are no more superlatives left Antti. I can only say that if you treat everything you love in life like your car - i hope to come back in an after-life as your family pet :smile:

Awesome work / care and attention / love shown. And it does show ! My goodness is that finish flaw-free and deep. Lovely.

Look forward to your thoughts on how she holds up in the longer term...........

I posted this for gallery topic, but i post it here too.

As many of you know clio was machine polished first time after i bought it January 2017.
It was hurry job (6 hours) not in that level what i really want. It was just to take most of the swirls away and give good clean lacquer surface for wax.

I have good equipment for machine correction, flex rotary + rupes lhr 15 mark2. Also too much compounds and pads. I have done this something like 5 years for my own cars.
Perfect paint correction takes lot of time.
I would say many days to do it in perfect level. In this time it took 5 days, 4 days for correction and 1 day for preparing and coating.

I have friend who is really good with flex rotary, and he does have a lot of patience. I have time but not so much patience for this level work. Also it is quite hard work and you have to be 100% fit to do it.
So there was time when we chat about my clio, and swirls and all kind of imperfections which car did have.
After long talking he said yes. I know this would be best thing in this autumn.
My clio was 5 days in his garage where all magic happens.

Correction (swirl removal)
Nanolex heavy cut & Scholl S3 compound for cutting
Scholl purple 5" pad + Nanolex cutting pad
Chemicalguys 4" orange cutting pad

Finishing (for maximum shine and hologram removal)
Scholl S30+ finishing compound
Chemicalguys quantum hex black 5" finishing pad

Before coating

Bio-solvant wash
Degrease

Okay, now for the interesting part. No wax on / wax off this time.
Because lacquer surface is now swirl free, i want to have hard ceramic coating (basically it is like extra lacquer layer which is really hard and slick).

Coatings used:
For normal paintwork : TFC ceramic coating.
For black plastics: Nanolex SI3D coating
Windscreen: Gyoen Q2ViEW

Here you have some photos. Just look for that gloss and how perfect black plastics are after coating. Diffusor is uncoated, i will do it in wintertime when i take it off.

View attachment 113881

View attachment 113882

View attachment 113883

View attachment 113884

View attachment 113885

View attachment 113886

View attachment 113887

View attachment 113888

View attachment 113889 View attachment 113890

Love UR with silver wheels. Stunning!

The bar has been raised another notch higher.

There are no more superlatives left Antti. I can only say that if you treat everything you love in life like your car - i hope to come back in an after-life as your family pet :smile:

Awesome work / care and attention / love shown. And it does show ! My goodness is that finish flaw-free and deep. Lovely.

Look forward to your thoughts on how she holds up in the longer term...........

Thanks again, i appreciate! i try my best to keep clio as mint as possible in reasonable budget.
Clio is for summer use only, but i will report how coatings will last in long term. Yesterday it was raining (surprise).. i have some beading photos which i will upload later.

nice job there Anti..she looks sexy..cant beat a freshly detailed car...

Thanks Pav, i agree. It is so good that i am afraid to wash it..
I dont want any swirl marks for perfect surface.

Some winterbeater news again, warning :sean: content.

I found out, that one guy who is in our Finnish BMW-community, is selling his BMW 330CI 2002 which have had lot of TLC over the years. 330ci is 6-cylinder inline engine 231bhp / 300nm torque (221lb/ft) and approx 6 sec 0-100.. should be fun!

He bought it 2011. When i saw that advertisement at saturday evening, i found out there is some negative things and i dont want that car:

-No seat heaters
-Lowered suspension (Bilstein B12 sport kit, eibach springs + bilstein B8 shocks)
-No M-Sport package
-Quite high mileage, 255.000km (158000miles).

Good things, it is nice colour orientblue-metallic, with imola red e46 m3 interior :hearteyes:
That interior is genuine E46 m3 interior swapped for this car some years ago. It do have also E46 M3 steering wheel and overall condition should be mint. Current owner repainted whole front section including front wings and hood, bumper etc.. should be rust free.

Some days went and it was all the time in my mind. After 3 days of thinking, i took phone and reserved it. Now i have train ticket for saturday morning in my magnet table.. :blush:

I already have that 316 1.8 for winter, but because i am quite petrolhead i have problem with 115hp 4-cylinder and normal seats which provide you absolute no any kind of support. If i buy that car, i will then post some pics.. after polish naturally.

Here is 1 pic to start..

Imolarot_4.jpg\big

Last edited:
Some hard driving and my front discs are warped.. little bit shaking in steering wheel..
Lets spend some money :joycat:
My Brembo hc front discs are maybe 7000km old..