clio 197 tyre reviews - yokohama a520 215/45/ZR17 87W

Hi there, thought it might be useful to write a review of the tires we use if they are not contis, and if you have comparison to contis, as I believe most do, here's my thoughts on the yokohama a520 215 45 ZR17 87W.

The tyres I thought would be great on the 197, the zr meant stronger sidewalls which I thought would be good but turned out to be the biggest disadvantage. They behave good in the dry, I'd say better than the contis, the grip is easier to recognize, but far worse in the wet. Anyway the most important is:

LOUDNESS: significantly noisier than the contis
COMFORT: the tire is much stiffer than CS3 and the car drives well on new surfaces, but the suspension is knocking louder now on the worse ones, the tire doesnt absorb shock as well as the cs3,

Everyday driving experience, horrible, the car drives where it wants now, need to hold the steering wheel stronger wherever the road is not perfectly flat, especially when braking, the car is perfectly fine mechanically, tyre pressure ok, I have changed from pretty good contis to these and instantly it changed the car, will be buying a new set of contis as they were great comfort, good grip levels both dry and wet, unless a good opinion from a PE2 user will come along :smile: they are ZR17 as well and it might be just the same as the yoko though...

lets share some knowledge!